CS:S FPS Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

armen115

Hello, I want to run cs:s on my home pc. I have a dell dimension 3000 with 2.66ghz proccessor and 82865G graphics controller. My main problem with not running this is the fps. I use net_graph 3 and get 10 fps (lol). I used the autoexec.cfg that whiffen told a different guy in a post, but now when I try to join/make a server right as im about to join it closes and says hl2 has encountered a problem and needs to close, sorry for the inconvenience etc. Is there anyway to fix this without buying things?(getting rid of comp soon) Help Appreciated,

Armen

Your graphics controller is onboard, and newer games (made after 2001) will need a better graphics card. You might as well just wait and get a new computer if your getting rid of it soon.

Yeah onboard graphics won't do you much good. I think your motherboard only has PCI slots available, not AGP or PCI-Express. You can still find cards for these slots though.

You don't need anything to powerful for this game so sub 60$ cards are alright.
I have a Geforce 8400 GS for 40$-50$ and it runs CS:S at full settings with 100+ FPS
Which is, better but, similar specs to this card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130289

This is another overview of the tweaks Whiffen gave, If you wanted to read threw it. Advanced Tweaking section would be where the tweaks that Whiffen gave are.

Games can crash like you said because of software or hardware failing. Software can have multiple problems that can cause crashing. If it makes it any better it might be a good idea to take the tweaks out and see if it helps.

http://www.tweakguides.com/HL2_1.html

The reason I said he'd be better off buying a new computer is because he said he'd be getting rid of it soon.

Yes, the 6200 is a very good choice if you are willing to spend money on that computer.

Ok well thanks alot, im not going to buy a new computer as it is not necessary. I am going to go to canadacomputers and buy that videocard this week.

NOOOO, oK I went and bought the video card (6200) and I put it in my PCI slot, installed the drivers, and restarted the computer. As it restarted, like normal, it said Windows XP, then DELL, then when it was supposed to be the blue login screen, its black. I called EVGA Tech Support and the guy knew what I was talking about, he said I needed a new power supply. He also said I would need a custom one from a certified dell support person or some crap like that because the one that comes with the case is a piece of crap. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back