CSR Bluetooth device driver

vis12345

I'm using TAG Bluetooth Dongle. I got one Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver(see details below) from Windows Update. And everything worked fine, when I used it in early 2011. After long time I used it recently. Now Microsoft removed it from the servers and now it says no driver found. I searched manufacturer site, but got only Bluesoliel drivers. after install, it didn't open(that was a cracked s/w). The particular driver is not available when searched. Even if available, it can't be downloaded. Please find me the below driver for free download.

Details:(I got from Windows Update history)

CSR plc - Other hardware - CSR Bluetooth Radio

Installation date: ‎1/‎21/‎2011 9:34 PM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Optional

CSR plc Other hardware software update released in May, 2008

Version Number & Release date: see here (for Windows 7 32 bit)

More information:
http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20176312

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

Hi, You could try an automatic driver scanner such as at;
www.drivereasy.com
This is free, and worth a try for your Bluetooth adapter driver.
But if you cannot find the driver, you can now buy a new Bluetooth adapter for a very low price, less than £6 / $9.
I use a Sweex BT200 and it works with Windows 7 perfectly, although I think that model is out of production now,
there is a new one for the same price, - see;
http://www.sweexdirect.co.uk/SWEPSU040
I also have a Belkin Bluetooth adapter which costs more but is perfect with Windows 7 too.

Sorry it its not the driver. I found the driver using Uniblue driver scanner. It is Atheros (In device manager, in hidden devices, under "Bluetooth Virtual Device-Bluetooth Video Sink Service").
The driver details:
Driver Provider: Atheros Communications
Driver Date: 3/6/2012
Driver Version: 7.4.0.126
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher
Hardware ids: BTHENUM\{00001304-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_LOCALMFG&000a

But when searched online, there are different version available. v7.4.0.122, v8.0.0000.0204 etc. But the version above solved my problem. But I want a backup copy of the driver. Please give me download link(direct/alternate) for the v7.4.0.126.

Hi, Well after some searching, this seems to be the one you want;
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/BL...uetooth-Driver-7400000126-for-Windows-7.shtml

* Click on the blue icon to go on to the next screen, not the green one at the top.
I didn't download it , 'cos it's 114MB but it looks ok to me, and it's a .zip file.

Thanks but I downloaded that same driver yesterday with direct acer link & installed perfectly but when pairing my PC and laptop, it downloaded many drivers and when it was auto installing a driver, I got Bluescreen error IRQL_NOT_Less or equal..... STOP error 0x000000A(para1,para2,para3). I got this error before when I used in 2011 too. But now after restart, one Bluetooth Peripheral device is not installed properly.

I'm totally clueless on finding, Which is the driver for my device? And even with the atheros sink service driver details I gave above, I started sending an ISO file(4.07 GB) to my pc and after some half an hour, it was going good, but I got same bluescreen error and whenever I got the bluescreen error in pc while pairing with laptop/sharing a big file with laptop to pc or vice-versa, my laptop is showing a small box named HOME-PC and it looks like small windows media player(just with buttons).

Please Help me!!! :'(:D:(:confused::'(

I don't know if I can help but I'll take a look and try... I'm confused about some of the things you described above but first let me ask you for some information.

1) I think you're running Win7 32bit, right? Do you also have Win 7 Service Pack 1 installed?
2) Look in Control Panel->Programs and Features for your installed programs. Some bluetooth installers will leave an uninstaller entry there. Look through all program uninstaller entries. Do you see one or more different bluetooth driver listed? If so, tell me which ones you see. (Don't uninstall anything yet)
3) Finally, see [FONT=Arial]How To Report Your Computer's Device Manager Data and give me that report. Per the instructions in the post, be sure when you save the report you select Save As "Tabular Text File (.txt)"[/FONT]

Thanks everyone. My problem for the Peripheral device driver is solved. It was VDP Source -System Driver. For Other Users who use Chinese Bluetooth dongle without driver cd, can get the missing driver for device including the driver for hardware id: BTHENUM\{00001304-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_LOCALMFG&000a by following the below instructions.

Instructions:
  1. Download the 32bit(x86) csr drivers (Win 7, Win Vista, Win Server 2008) from here(not a csr setup file but extracted from it)
  2. Then extract the downloaded file.
  3. Open Device Manager and locate the problem device and update driver(manually)
  4. In the search path, give the extracted folder location, Click Next.
  5. The Driver is successfully installed.

Sorry Pals! Here is the new Download Link[mirror] for the above CSR Bluetooth Driver[VDP Source -System Driver].
  • Use the same instructions[posted here] for installation.

Last edited:
Update: Regarding download link posted here.

• If you use Ad-blocker with old Opera[Presto based], then view the page with Opera Turbo "On". You can just enter the captcha/slide bar in captcha. Then click on "Download File".
  • If you use Ad-blocker with other browsers, use the below trick to download without disabling it:
  1. Click->> Download.
  2. Once the page is loaded, it'll show "You are using an AdBlock like app, which is blocking the advertising captcha service used on this website".
  3. Now, on the "Green colored area", you'll see a refresh button. Click on that "repeatedly" until the captcha shows "slide to display the ad".
  4. Now, immediately slide the bar below it, before it changes.
  5. "Thanks, you can now validate" is displayed.
  6. Then click on "Download File".

Last edited:
Update:
Sorry Pals! Here is the New Download Link[Dated: 10 May 2016] for the above CSR Bluetooth Driver[VDP Source -System Driver].
  • Click->> Download. Choose "Direct Download Link" to Download the File.
  • Use the same instructions[posted here] for installation.

Last edited:
Back