Current PC specs need advice

R7 1700 oc to 3.5
Zotac gtx 1060 6gig Amp
16 gigs or trident z rgb clocked at 2666
asrock b350 pro4 micro atx
evga 650 gold modular power supply
corsair h60
2tb hdd
I know I need a ssd but I dont know if I want to go normal ssd or if I want to go m.2 in the long run I feel like the m.2 would be better but considering I could get a normal ssd for cheaper has me second guessing

Hi mate, first of all - nice rig! :)
As to the SSD type it comes down to pc usage. I checked and you have pcie m.2 ultra slot (nvme) so the mobo is fine.
For pure gaming it does not matter whether you get sata 3 or nvme ssd.
For esthetics most prefer sata3, but it comes down to what you like.
For productivity and boot times most prefer nvme m.2 ssd.

In the end you'll feel the biggest difference when moving huge files/folders. Other then this the read/write of sata3 at max 550MB/s is more then enough for almost everything, you'll very rarely have a use of 3,500/2,100 MB/s nvme ssds. You'll need at least 4gbit network to start stressing sata3 ssd.

Personally I would go for nvme ssd if the difference is 20$ or less and the looks are fine.

Hi mate, first of all - nice rig! :)
As to the SSD type it comes down to pc usage. I checked and you have pcie m.2 ultra slot (nvme) so the mobo is fine.
For pure gaming it does not matter whether you get sata 3 or nvme ssd.
For esthetics most prefer sata3, but it comes down to what you like.
For productivity and boot times most prefer nvme m.2 ssd.

In the end you'll feel the biggest difference when moving huge files/folders. Other then this the read/write of sata3 at max 550MB/s is more then enough for almost everything, you'll very rarely have a use of 3,500/2,100 MB/s nvme ssds. You'll need at least 4gbit network to start stressing sata3 ssd.

Personally I would go for nvme ssd if the difference is 20$ or less and the looks are fine.
I was considering the WD Blue M.2 ssd I could get a 250 gig for like $90 though but from what I can tell its not the best for gaming the goal is to have my OS and a few games like pubg and what not on it so I need something that can hold that and run quickly

Back