Current TechSpot usage stats

D

DelJo63

Over time, resources tend to have varying usage, and that's true of TS too. Back with Win2k, XP & Vista, there was a lot of "please help" postings. Since Win/10, things have changed significantly.

As of 2-20-2018 @ 3:53 PDT, Usage sorted by Post Count per Forum

Forum Name: Current Post Count
  • Techspot News & Comments: 297752
  • Virus & Malware Removal: 267560
  • Build a PC: 144228
  • Windows: 140885
  • CPUs & MB: 107269
  • Ask a Question: 105409
  • Graphics Cards: 98533
  • General Dissussion: 67479
  • Apps & Software: 56888
  • PC Gamming: 52555
  • Networking: 49660
  • Storage: 41326
  • Articles & Reviews: 36079
  • Laptops & Tablets: 32428
  • Internet & Web Culture: 13876
  • Site Feedback & Suggestions: 13546
  • Consumer Electronics: 9367
  • Smartphones: 5604
  • Apple Mac & iOS: 3972
  • User Guides & Reviews: 3672
  • Upgrade my PC: 1500

Hi @jobeard IMHO Windows 10 has really changed the TS usage stats. W10 seems to have a lot more ways to recover from issues members are having, then the other OS,s. Not that many members asking for help. The owner has implemented "Techspot News & Comments", which really generates a lot of interest and activity on TS. Great forum! I really enjoy it a lot!

"Techspot News & Comments" is strictly controlled by staff for staff only postings - - WE get left with Questions and General Discussions. IMO, "tech spot" has over time become "game & pc building spot" by virtue of community participation - - the topics of interest; Q.E.D.

"Techspot News & Comments" is strictly controlled by staff for staff only postings - - WE get left with Questions and General Discussions. IMO, "tech spot" has over time become "game & pc building spot" by virtue of community participation - - the topics of interest; Q.E.D.
Hi @jobeard I hear what your saying about Techspot News & Comments being controlled by staff. I also can see the forum has become a "game & PC building spot. You have to go where the members show interest if you want to survive these days. It looks like that's what the owner( @Julio Franco ) has done. However, if you look to see what the guests are clicking on, you will see they are clicking on the threads that are offering solutions to issues where members have replied offering solutions to issues. Here's a screen shot that shows that IMHO. Any way that's how I see this forum. Some times the forum only has a handful of members logged on, but 800+ guests and bots. That's a good thing IMHO. Maybe @Julio Franco has a reply and a reason the forum has changed. I'm the new guy on the block, and my searching the forum has shown me that things have chanced. Change is necessary some times if you're going to survive.
Capture25.JPG

Last edited:
I was only commenting on how TS usage has changed over time - - not interesting in what members are viewing.

I was only commenting on how TS usage has changed over time - - not interesting in what members are viewing.
Hi My reply was for other members. If it was for you, I would have quoted you. When a PC user goes on Google and searches for a solution, they may very well find one that was created by a techspot member on Google. They click on the solution and that brings them to this forum, which shows them as a guest. That's what my screen shot shows. They may read the solution and never register, because they found what they were looking for and it solved their issue and so they just move on. They may register because they found help here.
That's the way I see how this forum works. This forum has a lot more action then other forums. I believe that's because the way it was created. It has some thing for everyone.

Hi ! If you type this in Google
Who Crashed- Hopeful Help with BSOD It will take you to this link on Google. Which is a thread I created here on TS to hopefully help members with BSOD issues. First solution on Google is good. I have several on Google. It's not copyrighted. Feel free to pass it forward.
Capture25.JPG

I have also observed that most members that log on, are active in the Techspot News & Comments. They don't have a issue they need help with. They are only interested in the News articles. There are only a handful of members here on TS that answer in the Question section of the forum. If you want to succeed in the forum world, you have to change to the ways that bring in members. I think @Julio Franco has that all figured out.(y)

Hi ! If you type this in Google
Who Crashed- Hopeful Help with BSOD​
It will take you to this link on Google. Which is a thread I created here on TS to hopefully help members with BSOD issues. First solution on Google is good. I have several on Google. It's not copyrighted. Feel free to pass it forward.
The ToS of most forums assign all content created to themselves. It is notable that TS does not :grin: but does contain it's own copyright:

© 2018 TechSpot, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
at the bottom of every page ... including the cited topic.

Hi I thought that I explained what techspot was all about in this thread . OH well! Better days tomorrow! I gave it my best shot @Julio Franco
Thanks for a great help and a great news forum. I'm thinking that success is in your future my friend. Hoping I can be a small part of it.;)
I see TS will have 175,00 members real soon.(y) If I behave myself, maybe I'll still be around when techspot reaches a million members. LOL

Back