Custom PC case power button

I am creating a custom PC case as a uni project. I have considered all of the possibilities and know what I need to do to make the case except for one thing - the power button. I have literally no clue how to hook up a power button to the motherboard to turn the PC on.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Momentary switch - locate connection on motherboard - 2 pins among others for Power LED, Reset Switch, HD LED, etc. Should be pictured in your motherboard manual. Pretty small, so salvaging leads from a used ATX case might be good. Salvage is also good for parts (Goodwill Industries, Ebay, etc) like the switches. Fancier ones are available at Radio Shack or online.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Description=computer power button&Submit=ENE

Keep in mind that, although there are negative and positive pins just like for the other pinouts, the power and reset leads are not sensitive to polarity. In other words the switches work if the leads are hooked up either way. LEDs on the other hand have to be hooked up with the correct polarity in order to work.

Back