Custom PC gets BSOD at windows install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I built my first pc. Everything appears to run fine...the mobo is EVGA 750i SLI FTW...I have a geforce 9800 GTX+ attached as well, with 2 Western Digital 650 GB hard drives set up for RAID 0.

When it asks for the system disc and I put in Windows XP professional, it says "Windows is installing setup files" until it says "windows is preparing to install". After that, the screen goes blank and i get a BSOD that reads:

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78DA63C, 0xc0000034,0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

Windows has not been installed on the hard drives, and the hard drives both register under system bios setup.

I dont know what to do. I'm thinking either I configured RAID 0 wrong or maybe XP professional is under 32 bit (my mobo only runs XP and vista 32 or 64 bit) but I doubt it is a 16 bit OS since i sorta researched it. Any help is tremendously appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back