Cyber Monday deals: monitors, storage, laptops and more

Julio Franco

Staff member

Black Friday has passed, but there are still plenty of tech deals to be had, just ask our friends at Dealnews. Here's the executive summary from their extensive Cyber Monday deal coverage so far...

1. LG 29EA73-PLG 29" 21:9 UltraWide IPS LED-Backlit LCD Monitor
    Store: Newegg
    Price: $399.99 with free shipping
    Lowest By: $49
    Expires: December 2

Is It Worth It?: If you're looking to upgrade your desktop setup with a secondary monitor, this deal is for you. This cinematic display features a 2560x1080 native resolution, LED backlight, IPS panel, 5ms response time, 21:9 aspect ratio, and two HDMI ports making it a great for multi-tasking.

Alternatively, Newegg also offers the Dell U2913WM 29" 1080p 21:9 IPS LED-Backlit LCD Monitor for the same $399.99 with free shipping (a low by $87; expires December 5). While we saw this monitor for $15 less almost two weeks ago, that deal lasted just under an hour.
  2. 469-3938Dell E2213H 21.5" 1080p LED-Backlit LCD Monitor
    Store: Staples
    Price: $89.99 with free shipping
    Lowest By: $10

Is It Worth It?: Still holding strong from Black Friday weekend is this deal on the 21.5" LED-backlit monitor. Not only is this deal from Staples $10 less than what Dell charges directly, but most merchants charge $150 or more. It features a 1920x1080 (1080p) native resolution, LED backlight, 1,000:1 contrast ratio, 250 cd/m² brightness, and DVI and VGA inputs.

3. MM.LP1AA.001Acer P206HL 20" LED-Backlit LCD Monitor
    Store: OfficeMax
    Price: $79.99 with free shipping
    Lowest By: $36

Is It Worth It?: For the space conscious, this 20" monitor can do no wrong. It boasts a 1600x900 native resolution with LED backlight and 5ms response time, and has both VGA and DVI input. What's more, it earns its Editors' Choice stripes by being under $80 and the best price we've seen for a new Acer 20" LED-backlit monitor.

4. CX056A#B1HHP Deskjet 3520 e-All-In-One Wireless Inkjet Printer
    Store: HP Home & Home Office
    Price: $39.99 via coupon code "PRINT1314" with free shipping
    Lowest By: $10

Is It Worth It?: While it's true that printing emails has gone way, way out of style, having a multi-function printer is still a great investment. You can easily scan, fax, and of course print, any documents you may need from the comfort of your home or office. And while most merchants charge $60 or more for this wireless setup, it can be yours for just $40. It features print speeds of up to 8 ppm, up to 4800x1200 dpi color print resolution, 802.11n wireless, and USB.

5. 920-004536Logitech MK270 Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse Combo
    Store: Staples
    Price: $14.99 with free shipping
    Lowest By: $7
    Expires: December 7

Is It Worth It?: Sometimes all you need to refresh your home workspace is a new keyboard and mouse. And you could do far worse than this combo for $15! This mouse and keyboard set features 2.4GHz wireless connectivity, eight hot keys, and spill-resistant keyboard. Plus with two years of battery life for the keyboard and one year for the mouse, you'll be powered up and ready to shop for many Black Fridays and Cyber Mondays to come.

6. MZ-7TE1T0BW,Samsung 1TB 840 EVO Serial ATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal SSD
    Store: Amazon
    Price: $533.25 with free shipping
    Lowest By: $6

Is It Worth It?: While this 1TB SSD isn't cheap, it is powerful. TechSpot remarks that it "deserves special recognition" for its speed and durability — and now its price point: $0.53/GB. This SSD features read speeds of up to 540MB/s and write speeds of up to 520MB/s and has fallen $6 since Black Friday.

7. PFW008U-1ABW,Toshiba FlashAir Wireless 8GB Class 6 Secure Digital Memory Card
    Store: Adorama
    Price: $18.99 with free shipping
    Lowest By: $19

Is It Worth It?: Ever wish your SD card could do more than store data? Ditch the static for this FlashAir wireless card. This Class 6 SD card has fallen $2 from its price last week to the lowest total price we've seen for any 8GB WiFi SDHC card. This card creates an access point to wirelessly transmit data to a computer or other wireless-connected device.

8. SanDisk 64GBSanDisk 64GB Ultra UHS-I Class 10 microSDXC Memory Card with microSD Adapter bundled with the IOGEAR SD/microSD/MMC Card Reader/Writer
    Store: B&H Photo-Video
    Price: $34.95 with free shipping
    Lowest By: $5
    Expires: December 1

Is It Worth It?: With its class 10 rating, this microSD card is a reliable way to store photos and 1080p videos captured with your camera or smartphone. And with a 64GB capacity, there's plenty of space for selfies galore! Plus the adapter makes it easy to insert the microSD card into any full-size slot, thus doubling its functionality as a storage device. The best part? This is the cheapest price we've ever seen for a UHS-I microSDXC card of its capacity without rebate hassles.

Need lees space? Also available is the SanDisk 32GB Ultra UHS-I Class 10 microSDXC Memory Card with microSD Adapter bundled with the IOGEAR SD/microSD/MMC Card Reader/Writer for $18.95 with free shipping (a low by $3).

9. Vizio ultrabookRefurbished Vizio Intel Ivy Bridge Core i3 1.8GHz 14" LED-Backlit Ultrabook
    Store: shopdivvy via eBay
    Price: $349.99 with free shipping
    Lowest By: $44

Is It Worth It?: Not especially known for its presence in the laptop world, the Vizio Thin+Light CT14 "is a fresh take on the 14-inch ultrabook," says CNET. And we can see why: its slim 3.4-lb profile and 1080p backlit screen is powered by a Core i3 1.8GHz Ivy Bridge dual-core processor with 4GB RAM and a 128GB SSD. What's more, at $349.99, it's with our October mention as the lowest total price we've seen for any laptop with a 128GB SSD.

10. Lenovo IdeaPad S400 Intel Ivy Bridge Core i3 1.8GHz 14" LED-Backlit Touchscreen Laptop
    Store: Best Buy
    Price: $379.99 with free shipping
    Lowest By: $60

Is It Worth It?: This 4.6-lb. laptop is particularly noteworthy as it's the best price we've seen for any Lenovo 14" touchscreen laptop, which is great since Laptop Mag describes this model as exhibiting "sleek, portable design with solid performance." Features include an Intel Core i3-3217U 1.8GHz Ivy Bridge dual-core processor, 14" 1366x768 LED-backlit touchscreen LCD, 4GB RAM, 500GB hard drive, 802.11n wireless, webcam, USB 3.0, 4-cell battery, and Windows 8.

11. MSI laptopMSI GS70 Intel Haswell Core i7 2.4GHz 17.3" 1080p Laptop bundled with a Changhong 50" 1080p LED HDTV
    Price: $1,549 with free shipping
    Lowest By: $380

Is It Worth It?: Why get just one of Black Friday's best doorbusters, when you can get two at the same time? Most merchants charge this much for just the laptop alone, but Newegg throws in a free 50" TV for good measure. And while the TV is a barebones model, the MSI is a powerful high-end machine; it features a top-of-the-line Intel Core i7 Haswell quad-core processor and a super-fine 1080p display. This super-charged configuration is polished off with 12GB RAM, a 500GB hard drive and a 128GB SSD drive, and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M 2GB graphics card.

12. Lenovo Flex 14Lenovo Flex 14 Intel Haswell Core i7 1.8GHz 14" Touchscreen Laptop
    Store: Lenovo
    Price: $749 via coupon code "FLEX1451DB" with free shipping
    Lowest By: $250

Is It Worth It?: Convertible laptop admirers, your Black Friday wish has come true: Right now, you can grab this Lenovo Flex 14 for just $749 via coupon code "FLEX1451DB". That's not just a great price for a convertible laptop, it's also the best price we've seen for a Lenovo 14" touchscreen laptop with a Haswell Core i7 CPU. This 4.4-lb. laptop runs on Windows 8 and boasts an Intel Core i7-4500U 1.8GHz Haswell dual-core processor, a 14" 1366x768 touchscreen LCD, 8GB of RAM, a 500GB hard drive.

13. Lenovo Essential G710Lenovo Essential G710 Intel Haswell Core i5 2.5GHz 17.3" LED-Backlit Laptop
    Store: Lenovo
    Price: $579 via coupon code "G71022DB" with free shipping
    Lowest By: $270

Is It Worth It?: Big and proud, the Lenovo Essential G710 is the cheapest 17" Core i5 Haswell CPU of its kind. The 6.4-lb. machine includes a 2.5GHz dual-core Core i5 Haswell CPU, 8GB of RAM, and a 1TB hard drive.

14. Pioneer A3 speakerPioneer A3 Portable Wireless Speaker
    Store: Best Buy
    Price: $79.99 with free shipping
    Lowest By: $37

Is It Worth It?: How does an overnight price drop of $20 sound to you? Now just $80, this speaker at an all-time low price by $37. Featuring AirPlay wireless streaming, you can take this speaker just about anywhere. It boasts dual 3" woofers, 1" tweeter, and a rechargeable battery.

15. AVR 2650Harman Kardon 665-watt 7.1-Channel 3D-Ready Home Theater Receiver
    Price: $299.99 via coupon code "CYBERMND11" with free shipping
    Lowest By: $300

Is It Worth It?: From your ears only to a broadcast throughout your home, share your world of music with this 7.1-channel receiver. Not only is this exclusive Cyber Monday offering $300 less than what the manufacturer charges directly, but this receiver is also $50 less today that it was two weeks ago! Features include 95 watts RMS per channel into seven channels, Ethernet, Dolby and DTS audio decoding, and 3D-ready video switching with five HDMI 1.4a inputs and one HDMI 1.4a output.

16. Klipsch Synergy standing speakerKlipsch Synergy Reference Series Floor-Standing Speaker
    Price: $99.99 via $50 mail-in rebate with free shipping
    Lowest By: $80

Is It Worth It?: Pair that new media receiver with this brand new standing floor speaker and you'll be in audio heaven in no time. This home audio component is also at its lowest price ever, falling $50 from a month ago. Features include two 6.5" woofers, tractrix horn, 1" aluminum diaphragm compression tweeter, and a 38Hz to 23kHz frequency response.

17. Logitech UE 4000Logitech UE 4000 Headphones
    Store: OfficeMax
    Price: $29.99 with free shipping
    Lowest By: $33

Is It Worth It?: When an item becomes $5 cheaper after Black Friday, that's music to our ears. And that's why we love these Logitech headphones. With 40mm high-sensitivity drivers, memory foam cushions, and 2-person sharing splitter, these over-the-ear headphones hit all the right notes.

Permalink to story.

Back