D-Link Wireless WD-2320

fluffykitten

This pci card is about 5 years old, Microsoft does list this card compatible for Windows 7, however it was a recent update yet I cannot find drivers for windows 7, it will list 1.20 as the correct drivers but these are the old drivers and amused myself by testing anyways..

What I am worried about and my question:

I was testing it on my machine before taking it today and installing it on a friends new system to setup a wireless internet. The indicator light does come on like on any NIC, however the machine does not show the new hardware anywhere, not under device manager so I don't know why this is.

concerned, is it safe to install on the other machine, I don't want it to be faulty and cause some damage! anyways his system will be running WinXP which should be fine..

any idea

is the card faulty even though the NIC indicator light blinks yet is not seen by windows 7. use to be on the same machine so hardware it will work with but was working on a XP system.

nothing to worry about...

even though on the Microsoft Windows site, it now says this NIC is compatible with win7 which is not.

loaded fine on the xp machine w/ no problem

Back