D-Link WUA-2340 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

princeton

Hi,

When I try to install the driver for my new wireless USB adapter for my pc the installation goes fine until it asks me to plug in the adapter. It says if the new hardware wizard comes up not to use it but it always comes up and I can't disable it. I'm running windows 7 x64.

You don't have to actually disable it, just cancel the wizard if it appears. Did you get the message, "Found new hardware," and, "installing new hardware," or something similar? Is the adapter working?

You don't have to actually disable it, just cancel the wizard if it appears. Did you get the message, "Found new hardware," and, "installing new hardware," or something similar? Is the adapter working?

Ok I did that after uninstalling the drivers. Now when I plug it in to continue it says please insert wireless adapter and shuts down the installation -_-. Then if I try to use any of the programs they say "Please insert wireless adapter."

I'm not sure I understand. Why did you uninstall the drivers? I've used three different brands of USB wireless adapters and they all installed the same way. You install the driver/software bundle and when that is complete, you plug in the USB adapter and Windows detects it and installs the drivers for it. Then you find your network, select it and provide the password and you're done.

I'm not sure I understand. Why did you uninstall the drivers? I've used three different brands of USB wireless adapters and they all installed the same way. You install the driver/software bundle and when that is complete, you plug in the USB adapter and Windows detects it and installs the drivers for it. Then you find your network, select it and provide the password and you're done.

Apparantly MS was wrong with their Win7 supported information on it. Bought a linksys today and an enjoying it very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back