Daisy chaining fans

crc9786

I have a Cooler Master CM 690 Case with 3 fans stock and Cooler Master 600W silent pro PSU, ASUS M4A77TD MOBO (one fan plug other than cpu fan)....

I planned on running 7 case fans total 6x120mm and 1x80mm (stock exhaust)

Stock fans all came with 3 pin to Molex adapters but aftermarket are just 3 pin

Would I be better served to get more 3 pin to Molex adapters and daisy chain fans off a couple psu molex plugs, let's say 4 fans on 1, 3 on another, or just spring for a fan controller?

I'm saavy about basic electrical but not sure how many amps these fans use, I know it can't be much, and the PSU is a 40A single rail.

Thanks for any advice.

The fans are going to be pretty low amp (less than one, likely something like .3), you can daisy chain them and it will be fine. But I think the best solution would be a fan controller. I guess it comes down to how 'nicely' you want to do it. Personally I'd just wire them all off of a molex or 2 and be done with it, but I think a lot of people are going to want to tell you to do it the 'proper' way and use a controller.

Either way will work fine.

It seems like stock heatsinks all get the same review, "it sucks", any suggestions on an after market fan/heatsink, they heaviness seems to be a common problem that can damage the CPU and that's no good. Don't necessarily plan on to OC but it'd be nice to be able to without frying something (and I plan on using Arctic SIlver 5).

It seems like stock heatsinks all get the same review, "it sucks"
Where do you get those reviews, newegg?
There is nothing wrong with stock heatsinks; they are perfectly capable of holding most processors on overclock provided that there are only minor voltage increases.

Back