Ddddd keyboard problem, help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinavabhi2

i have a extremely wierd problem with my laptop.
while i am typing, some key(in my case its 'd') gets typed continuously without typing it and this stops only when i press that key itself. this some key can be any key on the keyboard. due to this i am facing lot of problems as for e.g. sometimes some appl. automatically get opened up, windows narrator on my laptop.
some months ago instead of 'd', 'u' was having problem and before that '5' was having the problem. so the problem is not with some specific key, it changes i dont know how. also when there is problem taking place then i cannot click with my touchpad and i can click only with button below.
i dont know what to do. due to this problems when i click on my window key, sometimes my laptop automatically gets shut down. these problems only take place sometimes and at other times it works prefectly ok.
i hope someone can help me out.

First thing i'd do: Check the vendor website to look for any firmware and/or software updates for your model and it's keyboard (and i'm assuming this is the laptop keyboard itself.. not a wireless add-on keyboard?)

Identify the computer make/model, version of windows, sp level (e.g. sp 1 or 2 or ?) and any other specs might be relevant pls

/* EDIT */
This type of problem can be "firmware" (but more likely the case with wireless keyboarfs)

but have you also just tried cleaning the keyboard??

its an old laptop of compaq preario and brought from dubai now its not even sold and its sp3 and i have not cleaned keyboard but its not much dusty by appearance and i dont think problem might be solved by mere cleaning

with all due respect, you ask for help and then discard any instructions offered. I'll repeat the first thing you need to do is go to the support site and make sure you have all the latest software drivers, firmware, etc installed on your latpop.

Not much point chasing other things until you first cover the basics

/* EDIT */
For the matter, i;d even advise just reinstalling any chipset and/or keyboard drivers offered on the support site

i wanted to inform u that this ddddddd pressing up from inside has created lot of problems and it
has changed from ddddd to 55555555 to yyyy to ,,,,,,,, so now while typing ,,,,,, goes on without
being pressed. since i know u hav told me to look for updates i m doing so and i do not find any
solution. please help me with some other solution. typing has become a headache for me. since
every time i want to type i got to hold this , key on keyboard to stop ,,,,,,, this.please help me.
i eagerly wait for ur reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back