De installing nero in vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalibus

i tried installing nero 7 demo in vista home premium and failed to install during the installation proces.
but nero 7 is still part of programmes in the control panel. i tried to deinstall it but could not be deinstall. i keep on getting this error message:

internal Error:

Custom Action DLL crashed on last call in function
'NeroAg_UnregisterComEx'. The installer must now exit.

Crash Thread ID 3796
Current Thread ID 3528
i need to deinstall it since i now have the vista compatible version!

Hello, kalibus, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, i have had this too :blush:

1. Delete the program's folder from C:\Program Files\ and then download CCleaner
  2. Run the Registry scan and fix all the issues (don't forget to make a backup of your registry in CCleaner - make a folder in CCleaner's program folder called Backups and save them there). Run it twice to be sure, sometimes it misses a thing or two.
  3. Click on CCleaner's Tools button and the Uninstall list. Find Nero 7 Demo and click Delete Entry.
  4. Now click on Startup (in CCleaner - on the left hand side) and find anything that runs out of Nero's folder in Program Files and delete it.
  5. Run CCleaner's Registry scan again and fix all the issues (if there are any) and make another backup.

This should have removed Nero completely from your pc. You should now be ok to install the new Vista version :grinthumb

Hi!
hey, i did all that you asked me to do but the problem still. i used the ccleaner to delete nero entry from the unistall table. but it's says that
" msi installer could be deleted"

I'm assuming you mean couldn't be deleted ;)

That's a bit weird :confused: try restarting the pc and delete the entry again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back