Dedicated Gfx Memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new here, so I think this is where this thread should go. Okay, so my problem that I am having with my laptop computer is I do not understand my Gfx Card at all. I have an ATI Radeon Mobility X1400 Gfx Card with what it says is 890 MB of Gfx Memory, but yet I have no idea how to use it at it's full capability.

As an example of what I am saying, when I play games (which is the only way I really know how to explain my problem) I am normally getting a really really low FPS. But one time, a little while ago, my FPS for one whole day sky rocketed to the max that the game allowed. This game by the way, was World of Warcraft. Normally I get 15-20 FPS, but for one day, it was at 60 FPS no matter where I was or what I was doing.

I have been trying to figure out this situation on my own for a while, and I have discerned that my Gfx memory is all shared, and not a lot of dedicated memory, if there is any at all.

What I would like to know, if possible, is how to work with my Gfx Card to make it run at full power (the day it was at 60 FPS) when I want it to, and how to use it more effectively. If anyone knows more about this Gfx card, I would appreciate any and all advice. Thanks!

My laptop, just in case this is important, is a Fujitsu running on Vista. I have Intel Core 2 CPU at 1.8 Ghz per processor. The type of Fujitsu is a LIFEBOOK N Series and I have 2 GB of RAM. I don't know if this information is needed or not, but I am new to this kind of Techie stuff so I don't know what I'm really getting myself into here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back