Deletion of iamfamous.dll keeps appearing after reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help today if you tech guys can help me out. During a routine run of AVG it caught the iamfamous.dll virus. I chose it to delete the virus and it did show removed from the Firefox components folder.

But when I reboot my computer again, the file comes back up. Is there a way to permanently delete this virus from my computer?

Attached is my current hijack this log report and a screen cap of the findings from AVG. I also found an autorun virus that came in on my wife's Crative Zen mp3 player that she got on Monday and I think AVG fixed that issue. It's the iamfamous.dll that keeps coming back up. Already removed it via AVG x3 and it pops back up.

I also did see a "resycled" hidden folder in my C drive that keeps coming back even when I delete it. Could this be a part of the virus also? When I delete the c:\resycled\boot.com, autorun.inf items they keep popping back up as well when I use Spybot.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mods, please close this thread. I was able to both remove the iamfamous.dll and the recylced/boot.com infection (after spending 5.5 hours on New Years day!) by going into Safe Mode and following the instructions on the link below from Majestyk.

precisesecurity.com/blogs/2008/09/20/resycledbootcom/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back