Dell Dimension 3000 fans stopped working PC won't turn on

I have had this desktop for quite some time now but i don't just want to give up on it without trying to see if i could make it work again because it has on tons of songs and pictures.
Anyway the fans started acting up and every time i turned it on it had a high revving sound. Soon after the fans stopped working and when i press the power button it failed to power up. I allowed months to pass i just connected it to the power again and the orange/amber light came on flashing for about 5 minutes then it disappeared for good. What could be the problem? Do I just throw it out or it could be fixed?

I've seen this on a few Dells in the past. First thing to check is the power supply.

You certainly could or you could get a replacement and install it yourself or have a tech savvy friend help out.

BTW, Your data on the hard drive is not lost so you'll still be able to get to it once the PC is fixed or you can always copy the date off with another PC by using an external case or installing it another PC.

Back