Dell Error code please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishgirl

I am trying to get my stupid laptop to work and I am getting an error code of 650F:133E when I run diagnostics. I really have no clue when it comes to how computers work... Does anyone know what this code is?

Please help :)

Dell support

Tried that My warranty ran out so they won't let me live chat. very sad:( I did figure out that its my hard drive. Hopefully i can download all my drivers to the external harddrive that I have and just run it off of that.

Thanks though

Do you have dial-up networking. I found only one reference to the 650F part of the error code:
650 - The Remote Access server is not responding.
http://www.modemsite.com/56k/dunserror.asp

And link here:
http://www.modemsite.com/56k/connectoid.asp

IF you can get into Safe Mode:
It may be that some Services aren't enabled:
Start> Run> services.msc>> look for the following Services and right click> Properties on each:

Remote Procedure Call (RPC_> set Startup to Automatic
Remote Access Auto-Connection Manager> set to Manual
Routing & Remote Access> set to Manual
Server> set to Automatic
Computer Browser> set to Manual
RPC Locator> set to Manual

Reboot the computer.

I'm reaching here due to lack of information, but these settings may help and won't hurt.

Done. It said

Start DST short test
test result: Fail
Error code 1000-0146
Msg: Unit 0: DST Log contains previous error(s)

so basically all I can do is replace the hard drive? How do I do that? I am not concerned with any of the data on here but I do have an external hard drive on hand....can I use that to run my computer? I am so computer illiterate...and I am not even 25....you would think I would know something!

The Toshiba is the hard drive that came with the laptop i purchased from Dell. (like i said i know nothing about computers.)

I have tried to look all of this up on the dell support site and get nothing. And most of my back up disks that they have sent me have walked off some how. I was hoping I could do a easy fix but I think I may just have to take it to a computer tech and get it fixed. I know there is a way that you can get it back to the factory settings (ctrl and F11) but it won't work for me.

Grrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back