Dell hard drive

shulong6

hi i have a inspriron 6000 i went to hard drives bought a western digital made for the dell then when i got it i took the hard drive out off the dell and it looks to be a sata not a ata that it calls for. the one i bought has pins all across it and the one in the dell dose not

Dell like other manufacturers, will use either ATA (PATA) or serial-ATA (SATA) dependant on the age of the hardware. It's entirely possible that dependant on how long the 6000 was produced, it has both types fitted.

If you remove your hard disc it will tell you which one it is on the hard disc casing.

You will need to return the hard disc you have now, as its never going to fit your laptop.

Can you take a picture of the dell hard drive? I've worked on some that had an adapter on the drive pins so it didn't look like a normal IDE drive.

Yes I am thinking it has a adapter on it as when I looked up the disk drive the picture looks like what I have not what is in it disk drive ME8026 GAX

here is a photo

Attachments

• Dave 225.jpg
    Dave 225.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 13
JMMD is absolutely right (confirmed with your picture), it does have an adapter on it.

You can remove the adapter by removing the 4 screws on the side of the hard drive, and then you should be able to pull it off of the pins.

Back