Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 Review: Long Name, Compact Size, Quad Core, Good Value

Any laptop, 2-in-1 at this point time as last quarter 2017, if it does NOT have thunderbolt 3 and is over $500, should be automatically deemed garbage. There is really no good reason why thunderbolt 3 isn't made standard. BTW here is a list:
https://www.ultrabookreview.com/10579-laptops-thunderbolt-3/
And something like the Lenovo 720 13 which goes for around $725-$850, with an i5 comes with thunderbolt 3. I happened to have gotten not too long ago, and I was able to connect that to the Akitio Node e-GPU and make use of my old GTX970 from my desktop that I had upgraded a while back. It is really amazing to see game run well a little machine 13" less than 3 pounds.

Even if gaming is not a priority, without thunderbolt3 you are really getting short changed. That 40Gbps link from the thunderbolt 3 allows for a wide range of peripherals, displays, devices, etc. And it will also charge the laptop/2-in-1.

Any laptop, 2-in-1 at this point time as last quarter 2017, if it does NOT have thunderbolt 3 and is over $500, should be automatically deemed garbage. There is really no good reason why thunderbolt 3 isn't made standard. BTW here is a list:
https://www.ultrabookreview.com/10579-laptops-thunderbolt-3/
And something like the Lenovo 720 13 which goes for around $725-$850, with an i5 comes with thunderbolt 3. I happened to have gotten not too long ago, and I was able to connect that to the Akitio Node e-GPU and make use of my old GTX970 from my desktop that I had upgraded a while back. It is really amazing to see game run well a little machine 13" less than 3 pounds.

Even if gaming is not a priority, without thunderbolt3 you are really getting short changed. That 40Gbps link from the thunderbolt 3 allows for a wide range of peripherals, displays, devices, etc. And it will also charge the laptop/2-in-1.

It's simply that they won't make a perfect laptop at this price point, otherwise it will cannibalize Dell's own XPS line.

Back