Dell Inspiron keyboard replacement

I tried to replace the keyboard on my sons Dell Inspiron and the black flip tab/clamp that holds the ribbon wire to the motherboard broke. Any ideas on where to find a replacement or how to connect it securely another way? I really don't want to buy a new motherboard and Dell doesn't offer the part by itself. Thanks in advance for any help.

Common trouble... I have purchased a non-working laptop just for these clips. Now I have spare motherboards that I can salvage these parts from. There's really no other way to fix this

Can you post a picture of the broken part and the connector? It may be possible to fit the broken "lock" in place along with the keyboard flat cable and carefully put a drop of super glue on the connector to hold it in place

I've thought of that and tried to place the tab on top of the ribbon wire. When I placed it there and tried several of the keys they didn't work. I don't think I'm getting a consistent pressure across the entire ribbon wire contacts. I'll send the picture if you still need it. Also, the black tab was broken and I super glued it as straight as I could but that too may be a part of the problem. Thank you for your time and advice.

Back