Dell laptop stuck in blue screen "beginning dump of physical memory"

I have a dell laptop that was working just fine the battery died and when i went to plug it in I tried to restart it from previous known good connection and start windows normally. It takes me to the blue screen that says: "STOP: c0000218 (Registry File Failure) The registry cannot load the hive (file):/systemRoot/Sysyem?Config?Software or its log or alternate. It is corrupt, abscent, or not writable. Begining dumping of physical memory"

Please help!!! I have alot of important informantion that I need to retrieve from the laptop

I did a diagnostics test which showed a "DST Short Test Fail"

Back up everything NOW. Then run the Long DST. You have bad sectors on the harddrive which means it could fail at any time and to recover data from a crashed harddrive costs some serious $.

Get back to us with the Long DST's read-out.

How do I back up everything? Then how do I do the long DST? Sorry I am not very computer savvy. I am willing to learn though

What I met was can you load your laptop fully? When I said "desktop screen" that is a general purpose statement used to convey that from the time you start your laptop and begins loading Windows to where the screen comes up and you can access the internet, files, etc.

Also, again, was the DST supplied by Dell?

How old is this system?

Back