Dell Latitude C840 mobo

Does anyone have experience in installing a Northwood 478 Celeron or Extreme Edition (greater than 2.4 GHz) in this mainboard? I'm pretty certain it's a Dell P/N 9Y422 with a i845D chipset and A12 BIOS.
Thank you and I enjoy reading your comments.

NM, I think I found an answer. But, please correct me if I am wrong. As long as voltages are close and the FSB stays at 400mHz, I should be able to go with the highest clock. Not sure if it was tested that way, but it's the way it looks to me.

Just a suggestion but you should ask your real question up front in the original post.

I appreciate your response as to forum etiquette, however, you didn't affirm, confirm or provide any real answer and your suggestion is supposed to help? Why take the time to even write back if that's all these threads are for?

Why take the time to even write back if that's all these threads are for?
I understand some of your frustration. While I don't know the exact answer to your problem, in my capacity as one of the forum moderators I thought I might give you suggestion that could help you get a better response. If not now, maybe in the future. Do with it as you wish.

Back