Dell st2410 and HDCP issues

I have a Dell st2410 Monitor and a XPS L702X Laptop. Sine my laptop only has a HDMI port for video, I had my monitor connecting to a docking station with DVI and the docking station is connected to my computer over USB. I've noticed that the video can get choppy so I wanted to switch to HDMI. I bought a new HDMI cable and when I plugged it in I could no longer watch my Blu-ray DVD's due to a compliance issue with hdcp. I know my computer and HDMI cable are hdcp complaint because I can play blu-ray dvds to my tv using these items. I have a few questions:

1. Why isn’t my monitor hdcp compliant over HDMI?
2. Are there any monitors out there that allow blu-ray over HDMI with out a DVI adapter?
3. Is there any way I can get my monitor to play blu-ray over HDMI?
4. How can I tell if a monitor will allow blu-rays to play over HDMI?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Your laptop simply is not up to the task... though many Dell laptops in the upper price range are.

My laptop isn't the problem its my monitor. I have played blu-Rays on my laptop before and projected them from my computer on to my TV. I know its a issue with the HDMI port on my monitor because the DVI port will worl.

My laptop isn't the problem its my monitor. I have played blu-Rays on my laptop before and projected them from my computer on to my TV. I know its a issue with the HDMI port on my monitor because the DVI port will work.
Very typical. Video seems to like the DVI and 'computer monitors' frequently come with both VGA & DVI. Large screen TVs (lcd,led,...) like HDMI as that also carries the sound signal in one cable - - and there's the hint - - Video (ie monitors) don't need audio.

Back