Dell Vostro screen all pink with lines

terry5880

Hi all got a dell vostro 1015 and when I turn it on I can see load up screen and log in screen etc but screen is all pink with lines on right hand side ... is this screen problem graphics card or inverter .. thanks in advance

Could be an issue with either.

Try moving the screen back and forth, and gently bending the screen (especially near where it connects to the base). And, connect it up to an external monitor to test. Let us know what happens in each case.

Nothing happens when moving screen etc and when connect to external monitor its perfect as normal

Update: [FONT=Arial]hi all I done a bist test and it says video card - pass. lcd , lcd connect -pass , lcd inverter test - not applicable , lcd graphics - pass[/FONT]

Well, I'm going to say it's your screen or card. IMO not worth it to replace the screen on the laptop - just get an external one if it's an issue.

Thanks for reply bud im sure its screen as it works fine externaly so its not card and looked at lcd cable that seems fine .. only thing that confusing me is the 40 pin on back of monitor.. there is another connector so there is 2 connectors on back of screen but only 1 lcd cable . so thinking the other 1 is like a spare for something

Heh, yes, I meant to only say 'screen'. Since you made sure card works haha.

Not sure what the other cable is.

Thank you stickman glas I got a reply as always thought this was great site but lately last few thread not been getting replies so not sure y lol thanks again

Ah yes, the 'where to buy screen' thread. I thought it was familiar! :D

Maybe more people are like me - I don't live in UK, and I'd buy from eBay or some random online shop anyway.

Yea I understand bud but even a thread I put up about a broken laptop not 1 reply . but anyway its free site and great site so ill shut up haha take care bud

Back