Dell XPS 720 stuck in power save mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I can not get my Dell XPS 720 to work. When I start it up it beeps 3 then 2 times and the monitor LCD screen says Auto Detect (Digital Input) in power save mode, press any key to start, then goes blank. Neither the mouse or keyboard can get it out of power save mode. This just happened suddenly. It worked fine one day and then the next day it was in power save mode. I have spent alot of time surfing for an answer and trying to figure out how to fix it but am at a lost. Any help on this would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Lisa

That beep sequence usually represents something wrong with the RAM.
Have you done any memory upgrades lately? The RAM has become loose and not seated properly?
The only thing that honestly confuses me is the power save mode.

I haven't changed any of the hardware or memory. It worked fine one day and then the next.....

I removed then replaced both RAM sticks and dusted out the inside of my computer with air. Now I have no beeping noise, but still can't get out of power save mode

I'm having the same issue with my Dell XPS 720. My video card was going wonky so I bought a new one (GeForce GTS 250) and video looks great but at seemingly random times the screen goes black into power saving mode. No keys or mouse movement will bring it out. I have to hard boot it to get it back up. I have changed all my power saving/screen saving modes to never but it doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back