Dell XPS L501X JBL speakers 2.1 buzzing sound

Hello all, this is David!

I'm having a problem with my laptop speakers. When the PC arrived they were all magic and the sound was great but now there's a buzzing sound when the PC volume goes 50%+ or even lower. I can't really tell much more. I only happens with some songs, not all. And it's really annoying. This are supposed to be good speakers, but it happens everywhere, with or without ac adapter, home not home... I don't know what to do since I don't know very much about audio.

Thank you very much, I hope you can help me!

The audio driver may have become corrupted. Make sure you run Windows Update over and over again until ALL updates have been installed...

Same Issue!

Hey there, I've recently found I've got the same issue!
I know it's not the actual speakers as the fault still occurs through headphones and external speakers...
Although I don't know how to update or change the driver and I've got the latest updates....

It's always a good thing to start your own thread... A sound driver can be corrupted by a recent "good" sound driver update, especially in Windows 7 and even in XP

So, could we get around this issue by reinstalling the right driver, or would the best option be to wait and hope that another update corrects the issue?

Thank you for your answer!

Ok, I already ran and ran and ran the windows update but it seems there are no more updates. This guys keep buzzing. So is it ok if I uninstall the audio drivers and then install them again. Am I risking anything in the process?

Hello all, this is Ravinder!

I'm having a problem with my laptop speakers. When the PC arrived they were all magic and the sound was great but now there's a buzzing sound when the PC volume goes 50%+ or even lower. I can't really tell much more. I only happens with some songs, not all. And it's really annoying. This are supposed to be good speakers, but it happens everywhere, with or without ac adapter, home not home... I don't know what to do since I don't know very much about audio.

Thank you very much, I hope you can help me!

Back