Dell's latest UltraSharp monitor is designed for content creators and data analysts

Shawn Knight

Staff member
A solid warranty: The Dell UltraSharp 40 Curved WUHD Monitor (U4021QW) is backed by a three year advanced exchange service and limited hardware warranty. With Dell’s premium panel exchange policy, you can get a free monitor replacement during this period even if only a single bright pixel is found.

Dell on Tuesday announced a new addition to its UltraSharp family of curved monitors.

The Dell UltraSharp 40 Curved WUHD Monitor (U4021QW) is billed as the world’s first 40-inch ultrawide curved WUHD (5,120 x 2,160 pixels, 104 PPI) resolution display. Intended for content creators and data analysts seeking to boost productivity, the 2500R curved screen offers wide color coverage (100 percent sRGB, 100 percent Rec. 709 and 98 percent DCI-P3) and a 5ms (gray to gray) response time (in fast mode).

The monitor is as much of a productivity hub as it is a display. Connectivity options include a DisplayPort 1.4 connection, two HDMI 2.0 ports, a Thunderbolt 3 connector, a USB Type-B upstream port, a USB Type-C downstream port, four USB Type-A 10Gbps ports, a USB Type-A 10Gbps port with BC1.2 charging capability, a 3.5mm audio jack and an RJ45 port.

Other noteworthy features include Picture-by-Picture, dual 9W speakers and a KVM that allows you to use a single keyboard and mouse to control two computers.

Dell’s latest was also recognized as a CES 2021 innovation award honoree.

The Dell UltraSharp 40 Curved WUHD Monitor (U4021QW) is slated to launch on January 28, 2021, priced at $2,099.99.

Permalink to story.

Dell has definitely continued to produce some great, affordable monitors with pro-specs...but... why can't you give me that exact same monitor with the Alienware styling on it for that price or less?

$2,000 for a monitor is certainly not what I would call affordable, no matter who makes it. I like Dell monitors but I'll wait until Acer produces one at half that price ..... and then I'll complain some more! LOL

I have 2 of the 34" versions... great monitors... with some major defects. Both of mine show wavy patterns and I am noticing now ghosting if I leave the displays on for long periods of time. :/

$2,000 for a monitor is certainly not what I would call affordable, no matter who makes it. I like Dell monitors but I'll wait until Acer produces one at half that price ..... and then I'll complain some more! LOL

This will be $3500 in Australia, and in no way shape or form affordable. Such a shame as it looks like an ideal monitor for what I do and much preferable to two monitors, but that option is much cheaper and will stick to that.

It could have been a killer, if it had HDMI 2.1, and supported 120Hz refresh rate. Otherwise, it is not worth $2,000.

Actually, I take it back. It would appear that this monitor doesn't support HDR. In this case this monitor isn't worth even $1,000.

Last edited:
Some people say, "Money is the root of all evil"... I've always said Money is the key to Happiness! Note: I can buy two 4K Ultra HD flat screens for that price though... No, they're not curved... Just angle them a bit!

Back