Department of Defense publicly releases 'unidentified aerial phenomena' videos

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: The DoD said the videos have been circulating in the public domain for years. The Navy previously confirmed the videos were indeed authentic Navy footage and after a thorough review, the DoD determined the authorized release of the videos “does not reveal any sensitive capabilities or systems, and does not impinge on any subsequent investigations of military air space incursions by unidentified aerial phenomena.”

The US Department of Defense this week officially released video footage of “aerial phenomena” that first went mainstream in December 2017 courtesy of To the Stars… Academy of Arts & Sciences, a company co-founded by Blink-182 guitarist Tom DeLonge, and stories from The New York Times.

The three videos, titled Gimbal, Flir and Go Fast, are all available to download from the Naval Air Systems Command FOIA Reading Room.

The department added that it is releasing the videos to clear up any misconceptions as to whether the footage was real or whether or not there is more to the videos.

The DoD said the phenomenon observed in the videos remains “unidentified.”

According to The New York Times’ 2017 article, the Pentagon operated a program called the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program for years that investigated reports of unidentified flying objects. A Pentagon official claimed the program was shut down in 2012 although sources say it continued in some form after that.

For what it’s worth, renowned NSA leaker Edward Snowden said during an interview with Joe Rogan last year that he hadn’t found any evidence of the government hiding aliens while he was snooping NSA and CIA networks.

Permalink to story.

Yeah: they've showed me that even with multiple millions of dollars spend they can't take a video with anything more than potato quality.
Might be wrong because haven't watched these for a while but as far as I can remember this was taken with infra red cameras and can't be seen by the naked eye so you're not going to get 8k quality.

Oh yeah, the thermal blanket of some rocket, also overhyped into "dark knight". Welp, time to raid another Area 51...

Yeah: they've showed me that even with multiple millions of dollars spend they can't take a video with anything more than potato quality.
lets see ur iPhone take this video in pitch black, 40 nautical miles away moving hypersonic speeds with this clarity.

Fake bs from more sources... puppets in a big game
They have satalites that can read the time on your watch from 100km up, they can track missles doing mack 6, space shuttles entering the earths atmosphere at 30 000 kmph... but wait, they cannot get a clear picture of something the Fighter Jet can keep up with... RIGHT

Secret military technology yet to be disclosed?

They wouldn't release it otherwise. Probably trying to take the edge of the US drama that you guys have.You need to ask yourself the question, why now?

PS Not trying to spew some conspiracy horseshit, plenty of that going around right now it's doing my head in.

They wouldn't release it otherwise. Probably trying to take the edge of the US drama that you guys have.You need to ask yourself the question, why now?

PS Not trying to spew some conspiracy horseshit, plenty of that going around right now it's doing my head in.

I agree with you.

These videos have been rotating on the Internet for almost a year or more and now harry Reid is on the senate floor demanding truth about UFOs?

What they aren’t talking about is the fact that COVID-19 has just killed more people than America lost in Vietnam.

Nothing but distractions from this administration.

lets see ur iPhone take this video in pitch black, 40 nautical miles away moving hypersonic speeds with this clarity.
It could. Apple just needs to start selling 1TB iPhone XS Max and then we can crank up the quality.

These are the most profound and authentic UFO videos ever. Hard to believe some of you just don't "get it".

I agree with you.

These videos have been rotating on the Internet for almost a year or more and now harry Reid is on the senate floor demanding truth about UFOs?

What they aren’t talking about is the fact that COVID-19 has just killed more people than America lost in Vietnam.

How many people have died since Vietnam (not including covid related deaths)? I mean, people die everyday regardless.

The videos arent new and have been around and seen for 2 1/2 years. How does the DoD not care about these, they themselves say it's unidentified but pose no threat? Wtf.
Navy confirmed these to be real awhile ago. DoD didn't need to release or say anything so they did this for some reason. Wasn't to clear up anything, Navy had already done that.

Snowden said he didn't see any evidence the US was hiding aliens, he didn't say UFOs weren't real. Didn't he also say he found evidence of spacecrafts?

I agree with you.

Harry Reid is not in THE administration anymore, and if he were, he's a democrat.

Back