Desktop Freeze After Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 4 mos. ago, i upgraded my memory from 1024gb to 2048gb. I replaced my power supply with a BFG 650 watt power supply (atx 12v 2.0/eps 12v) and upgraded my video card to a PNY Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT 512 ddr2. Im on Winxp Pro as well.

Well, about a month ago, i started experiencing a lockup of the entire desktop when i would turn on my computer. I cannot access "anything". I cant click the start button, or ANY icons on the desktop. (theres only 3 of em). The mouse scroll over function does'nt work. NOTHING! The mouse still works, and the keyboard is still active.

I reformatted the computer with my restore disk, problem fixed.

Its been about 2 weeks since i did my last reformat. Well, i turned on the PC this morning, and to my dismay, there it is again! The desktop stops responding! It will let me access any program for about 20 seconds before the whole system locks up upon restart. (I get program not responding) I cant close out the program opened, or anything. No ctrl alt del or anything, it doesnt even come up. Then it locks up again.

After doing a reformat, i re-installed all my drivers, did my microsoft updates, installed my "Trend Micro Anti-Virus" and my Spysweeper programs. Auto updates are turned on, sys restore is on. This has now happened to me 3 times in the last month and a half. I dont surf adult sites, i dont download any programs, i dont open email from random people, etc. I have absolutely NOTHING installed on this pc, other than the stated software. (anti virus, and spysweeper)

Is there a fix to this? Spysweeper finds nothing, nor does Trend Micro. Im SICK of reformatting this computer on a weekly basis. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back