Desktop with banner and no wallpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, i,m here for teh first timesearching for a solution.I have a lap top with Windows XP Media Center...I got a banner from awesomehomepage , now this banner appears on my desktop every time i connect. On the other hand I cannot get any wallpaper,I went into "properties" and it is all in grey colour and cannot activete any. I also tried to make show a photo but is also not working.
I guess they are 2 problems related or not...anyway the wallpaper problem was first, the banner just came in later.I passed the antivirus and I also scaned with other antivirus, they find nothing

Thank u

Thank you very much for the anti spyware recommendation, the problem about the ad in my desktop has been solved. Now I still have the other problem about the Non-acces to wallpaper, but this is not so annoying as the other problem. Thank u for your help

Sal_118 said:
Had a friend with the same problem...I think it might be Browser Hijacking caused by malicious code that can alter your browser settings without your knowledge. Browser Hijackers are extremely common. You can give this a try...I won't guaranty it'll work...but its sure as hell worth a try:)

Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back