Desktop won't turn on

dzermin

Hi, so i just bought a new video card and i put it in the computer i turned it on and it worked for a min then the whole computer turned off now when i try turn it on the fans spin for half a second then it stops and then nothing happens. im clueless as to what it could be. i tried a new power supply but same thing is happening please help :{

no beep comes from BIOS

What is your make of your power supply and how much wattage does it say it supplies?

What was the make and model of your old video card? What is the make and model of your new one? How much power does your new card require?

What is your make of your power supply and how much wattage does it say it supplies?

What was the make and model of your old video card? What is the make and model of your new one? How much power does your new card require?

my new power supply is called dynex and it gives 400W max the old one only did 300W max, the new video card is zontac geforce 210 and it need 300W minimum my old video card was integrated in the motherboard, also what ive notices its weird im gonna try and explain so bare with me

on the power supply when i connect everything properly it wont work but if i take out the plug it has 4 connectors and 2 yellow and 2 black wires if i disconnect that and try to power on the pc all the fans turn on but nothing on display and no BIOS beep all fans spin normally, ill msg u a picture of the connector im talking about because i cant post pictures yet

Okay, first, did you disable the integrated video in your BIOS? If not that will cause you problems.

i cant get the pc to turn on anymore even when i take the video card out put everything how it use to be it wont turn on, fans turn on for litteraly half a second and it goes dead

Well to be honest, Dynex is not a good power supply. Try this: With everything back the way it is, reconnect your old power supply. Does it work?

no sir i tryed that already same thing happens as the new one, see the thing that bothers me is when started this project i first bought a video card i put it in i turned my pc on and it got to the desktop and then it just shut off, then i unpluged it held power button for 60 sec and pluged it back in try turn it on and the problem i got now started happening so i thought it wasent enought power so i bouught a 400w power suply but same thing is happening could i have messed up my motherboard or cpu idk how i would check that or how would i know

Do you have a friend with working tech knowledge and if so ask him if he has a multimeter to test both power supplies.

How old is your system?

idk anyone with one but my old tech teacher might and another thing i went out today and bought a new motherboard still the same problem i didnt even put in a video card because it came integrated but still the same thing happens could it be my proccesor? did i maybe burn it out or something cuz thats the only thing left to replace

Before you spend anymore money, have your old tech teacher to test your power supply with a digital multimeter. Ask him to test your other hardware as well.

alright ill try that and ill get back to u with the results

EDIT* ive tested it all and it turns out that my CPU is gone so i have to get a new CPU :(

Back