1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Despite its colossal failings, Amazon will make a Fire Phone successor

By Scorpus · 4 replies
Oct 31, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. In Amazon's latest earnings report, the company wrote off $170 million as a direct result of their Fire Phone. With an additional $83 million in stock lying around waiting to be sold, the first smartphone from the company can be...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 4,081   +2,492

Flop 2 is coming...another 170 mills into someone's pocket and another ops!

Jim$ter likes this.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 8,647   +3,283

Although the phone was mediocre at best, that was not the defining factor in lacklustre sales, it was the hefty price tag for what it was essentially a mid range device, a forked Android OS and was limited to just one carrier that killed the whole deal. The damage has already been done, people will be hesitant to buy into a mark 2 device and I don't blame them.
    I remember Nokia tried selling a phone quite recently with a forked Android OS and quickly withdrew it from the market after setting a stellar, unbeatable sales record of just seven devices sold in a single fortnight.

4. That's right Amazon. Keep doing it the wrong way until it becomes right! 'Murica

5. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,423   +350

I find the amazon fire has some really awesome features but putting it with a amazon OS is kinda bad specially with the high price tag, if it was a £150 phone I would easily fork that out for it, if android had those features then oh boy would androids market share sky rocket!!!