Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is out today, season pass detailed

Shawn Knight

Staff member

The next major release in the popular Deus Ex franchise launches this week. Like many new games released these days, there’s an optional season pass that affords a number of perks for a one-time fee. Here’s everything you need to know regarding the season pass for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

The pass will feature two “Narrative DLCs.” The first, called System Rift, will arrive sometime this fall followed by A Criminal Past early next year. All of the following in-game items, meanwhile, will be available tomorrow:

• Assault Pack: Prepare to advance and assault the enemy with a custom skinned Battle Rifle, the Chaff Augmentation, one pack of regular Battle Rifle ammo, one pack of armor piercing Battle Rifle ammo, 2 Frag Grenades, and 2 EMP Grenades.
  • Tactical Pack: Using distance to your advantage, eliminate your targets silently with a custom skinned Tranquilizer Rifle, the Micro Assembler Augmentation, one pack of tranquilizer ammo, 3 Smoke Grenades, and 2 Gas Grenades.
  • Four Praxis Kits – These additional Praxis Kits will allow you to further develop the augmentations of your choosing, moving you one step closer to unlocking Adam’s full potential.
  • 5,000 Credits – Bolster your wallet with additional credits, providing you with extra spending money to purchase Praxis Kits, ammo, weapons, or anything else you may find at the shops in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
  • 1,000 Crafting Parts – Use crafting parts to craft upgrades, such as increased damage and accuracy, for any weapon in your inventory.
  • Five Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Breach Booster Packs – Open your booster packs to unlock new weapons and items, Praxis points, premium ammo, and more, helping to augment and enhance your avatar in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Breach.
  • 20 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Breach Chipsets – Use your chipsets to acquire exclusive items in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Breach, such as premium Booster Packs and custom weapons.

The game was originally slated to drop back in February but developer Eidos Montreal said in November that it was being pushed back to August in order to make time for additional tuning, iterations and general refinements to meet their high standards.

The season pass for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided comes included in the Digital Deluxe Edition. Purchased as a standalone pass, it’ll set you back $29.99.

Permalink to story.

All this SEASON pass crap is a scam. The content should already be in the game. They rob the customer.

All this SEASON pass crap is a scam. The content should already be in the game. They rob the customer.

Typical entitled gamer. Can't wait for a discounted GOTY or similar edition so Eidos must be money grubbing crooks.

Reminds me of the Elite: Dangerous detractors who criticize Frontier for releasing a game in functional segments (seasons) and praise Star Citizen for doing it "right" by trying to deliver the whole shebang in one or two swings of the bat. Tell me again which development philosophy has yielded a fully functional, playable game?

I may add to this rant later, but only in DMs to those who like and/or agree with it.

/end rant

"The game was originally slated to drop back in February but developer Eidos Montreal said in November that it was being pushed back to August in order to make time for additional tuning, iterations and general refinements to meet their high standards."
Pity those "high standards" don't extend to fixing the years old bugs in Deus Ex: Human Revolution that were already patched once in the original + separate Missing Link DLC, but then reintroduced with the Directors Cut that was based on an earlier pre-patch build...

As for half the "Season Pass" cr*p listed, most is just glorified "pay2cheat" junk. "Free praxis kits, free credits, free crafting components, free ammo, free grenades, etc". So you're basically paying an extra $30 for "idkfa" DLC? You can "gift" yourself the same stuff with a trainer / Cheat Engine then convince yourself it's a free "Magic Season Pass" (tm).

Where is the challenge in the early game if you are given a load of free gear? I'll pay for DLC when it offers worthwhile missions or extended gameplay. The DLC listed above would ruin the game for me.

Meh. I'll wait a year for the $40 collectors edition with all the DLC in it. And then wait for that to go on sale for $30.

Back