Diamond ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcelios

All right, here goes.

About six months ago I installed a new graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP from Diamond Multimedia) in my aging Dell Dimension 4600, along with some new RAM (2 GB). After some initial difficulties with the Blue Screen of Death, I was able to get it to work (simply, it stopped). But now they're back, and worse than ever. The most recent one was titled "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", and cited the file "ntfs.sys". Also, my computer is running a bit slower and "My Computer" refuses to open (no error, just nothing happens when I double click on it). I've tried reinstalling the drivers that came on the CD (there are none online, I've checked), and I've gotten it to work, but it still gives me the BSOD seemingly without reason. The errors have been happening more frequently as time goes on, and seemingly without reason. Even as I am typing this, another one has occurred as I attempted to login. Another "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA". I'll attach the minidumps as soon as I can get into My Computer (I'm about ready to boot into safe mode).

Thanks; I'm kind of desperate,
Arcelios

I almost forgot; I keep getting a message saying that some of my registry data had to be recovered from a backup copy, and that the recovery was successful.

I installed the hotfix I found, but now whenever I login it "encounters a problem and needs to close", along with Symantec AntiVirus and Windows Explorer. Upon further investigation, I found out that the problem is not preventable, and somehow related to .net framework 1.0.

New symptoms:

1. Symantec Antivirus encounters an error on startup, and closes.
2. Microsoft windows win32 manager does the same thing.

I've narrowed the problem down to a .Net problem. Basically, the Catalyst Control Centre isn't loading because it can't access .Net 1.0. It can't use 1.1 or 2.0, because (for some reason) I don't have the "proper permissions". Any ideas?

All right-it's NOT related to the Catalyst Control Centre. Even after reinstalling the drivers WITHOUT the CCC, it still blue screens. PAGE_FAULT_IN_UNPAGED_AREA again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back