Digital Storm launches Enix PC with vertical layout

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Digital Storm has launched a new desktop offering that utilizes a vertical design with improved cooling and a smaller footprint. The Enix rotates its mATX motherboard 90-degrees from the norm, so the "rear" I/O panel is situated on top of the chassis. This orientation takes advantage of heat's natural tendency to rise, and we've seen a similar layout in cases such as Silverstone's Raven 2 Evolution.

The Enix is available in four adjustable configurations with pricing starting at $1,132, which gets you a dual-core 3.10GHz Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge processor, Asus' P8P67-M motherboard, 4GB of DDR3 1600MHz RAM, an Nvidia GeForce GT 220 1GB, a 1TB Hitachi or Seagate-branded HDD, a DVD burner, a 750W "Digital Storm Certified" PSU, and a free factory CPU overclock of up to 3.9GHz.

The max default configuration is costs $2,160 with a Core i7-2600K, an Asus P8P67-M Pro, 8GB of RAM, a 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black, and a GTX 580 1.5GB. All of the systems have an optional CPU overclock of up to 5.2GHz for an extra $99, along with GPU, RAM and OS tweaks.

The company recommends outfitting the Enix with liquid cooling if you select a 4.7-5.2GHz OC, but all systems are put through a 72-hour stress-test to ensure stability before shipping. It's also worth noting that all of Digital Storm's gaming desktops are currently 10% off.

Permalink to story.

Doesn't a popular Japanese-base game company already have the trademark to "Enix" (as in Square-Enix)? Hm...

All well and good but they forgot dusts natural tendancy to fall down into all your connectors.

Enix's max default configuration is quite good for the money. If I were to order this config for my personal use, I'd tweak it a bit by upping the storage to a 2TB WD Caviar Black and increasing the memory to 16 GB since I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

gts220 for 1200 bucks come on it should at least have a gts250... gts220 is like four year old technology rebadged not to mention 3.9ghz overclock on the processor is gonna bottleneck the **** out of that thing.

Back