Direct X10 on Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have heard from my friend in russia that one of his friends had been able to install direct X10 on xp............
he told me a little about a SDK to install it.................
can anybody explain me, how to install the same...

It can be done, but it doesn't perform the same and is really not worth all the bother. Stick with what you know.

Well currently I'm running XP with DX10, so far no issues at all. Not a single crash anymore ( I used to get tons with XP), everything seems stable and smooth (and of course much faster than Vista lol)

Well currently I'm running XP with DX10, so far no issues at all. Not a single crash anymore ( I used to get tons with XP), everything seems stable and smooth (and of course much faster than Vista lol)
are u sure???
does directX10 delievers the same as in vista..in ur xp...

Well I do not have a DX10 card, so I can't comment on the DX10 performance. However it is extremely stable, I haven't had a single crash since I reinstalled XP.

The performance on Dx9 games is completely normal, and I know it's weird, but I've noticed better textures on some games (FEAR, Need for Speed)

DX9 on both vista and Xp is the same so i don't know how you would get better texture quality unless your runnning in dx10, you sure it's not a placebo with having DX10 installed.

I'm really really sure. I especially noticed it on NFS: Porsche Unleashed (OLD game lol). Under DX10, the dashboard textures look pretty normal, but on DX9, I don't know why, but they are blurry and low res...

Weird indeed....

BTW, I got it from a friend, seems it was posted on a Russian site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back