Direct3d problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

srdjanSurvive

i recent downgraded from vista to XP and now games that used to work on my computer dont work anymor,e such as World of Warcraft. I check my Direct X Diagnostics and in the display it says that my system is using a generic driver and that i should install my video card even though it came pre installed with the computer when i got it and i never uninstalled it. I downloaded every driver update available for my computer but it still says its not installed, along with that message it tells me that Direct3D functionality is not available which is preventing me from playing games.

heres my system stuff:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Processor: AMD Athalon (tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs
Memory: 1920 MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c

and thats all it tells me about my system info

does anyone have any idea why it wont recognize my video card when it did before when i had Vista?

You are going to have to find and reinstall your video drivers... for XP. It's a shame that you had the need to revert from Vista. Vista is equal or much better at playing hi-end games than XP. Vista can be more secure, better at multitasking, more stable, plays games better and it can be much faster than XP. All it takes is a little knowledge and patients

Tmagic650 said:
You are going to have to find and reinstall your video drivers... for XP. It's a shame that you had the need to revert from Vista. Vista is equal or much better at playing hi-end games than XP. Vista can be more secure, better at multitasking, more stable, plays games better and it can be much faster than XP. All it takes is a little knowledge and patients

oh i completely agree, vista worked out very well for me but it bugged and wouldnt allowed me to keep it running unless i entered a serial number, unfortunately the serial number is at home and i dont go home until mid june so i thought it would be better to have XP for now and then revert to vista

do you think it would go back to normal if i just left the drivers as they were and reinstalled vista?
or would i have to reinstall the drivers no matter wat

If you reinstalled Vista and reapplied all the updates including Vista Service Pack 1 everything might be ok, leaving drivers as is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back