Discuss all things tech (and not)

holdum323

HI. I'm the new kid here on the block. Actually I'm not a kid. I'm 79 years old. I enjoy learning new things and passing forward things I have learned from others. I have realized in my short time being here, that this is a forum that specializes in news for techs. That's great and I enjoy those kind of thread, but what I really enjoy doing, is helping windows users with problems. I have seen a little of that here; but not a lot, and wondering if I have a place here on the forum. I feel like I know Windows fairly well, and I know a little about windows 10 that I hope I can share here on TS. I'm hoping I can be a asset here on TS. I can take advise as long as your not to critical on me. lol ;)

Hi I see I have several views on this thread. No replies, and that's OK. I challenge you to learn how to create a back up image of your operating system, and become a fearless windows user like myself. I'm well aware that this forum has a lot of techs and I'm sure they all have a back up image of their OS. My question is "Do you have a back up image"?
I'm also aware that this forum is mostly about tech news. That's a good thing, but can we do more then one thing, and maybe get more members? I think we can. I can be back up and running just like the day I created a image. Even if I have to replace my hard drive. Can you? Do you know what a back up image is? Maybe this forum is not about this. If I'm out of bounds here, I need to move on, but I would really like to be a asset here and make a difference.;) These are my thoughts tonight.

What is a backup image file?
A system image is an exact copy of a drive. By default, a system image includes the drives required for Windows to run. It also includes Windows and your system settings, programs, and files. You can use a system image to restore the contents of your computer if your hard disk or computer ever stops working.

Here's a PSR Zip file of the steps I took to make a back image of my OS with Macrium Reflect! It's very easy do do. Now if I have any problems, I will use this image to restore my PC back exactly like it was the day when I created this image.;)
PS I hope you have a program that opens Zip files.

Attachments

• Macrium.zip
    491.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi @mailpup No offense taken.(y) Thanks for your reply. I guess I forgot about the built-in zip utility. I'm running W10.
I'm a nut job and a fanatic about creating back up images. I preach back up images where ever I go. If everyone would create back up images, you and I would see a lot less threads asking for help.;)

Hi! Here's screen shot of the Hercules C130. I was not able to post this on another thread. USAF 1958- 1962.
This baby will fly with one engine. I was a crew on board when we flew with two engines.
Thank you for letting me be apart of TS! John Mcain is my hero and Trump is a *****.
Lockheed_C-130_Hercules.jpg . It was scary, but we landed in the Philippines and all was good.;)

Last edited:
I've installing the new Windows build (1709) on 8 machines. All but 2 have a backup imaged with Acronis 2016. I'll get the last 2 imaged ASAP.

Hi @cliffordcooley . Thank you for your reply. Acronis 2016 is a great program. You just made my day. I get all excited when Windows users create back up images. I will sleep well tonight knowing that at least one windows user here on TS forum has 8 machines with a back up image with build 1709. You are one very smart tech.;)(y)

That is debatable at times. :D
I'm sure you didn't get + 3358 and 9,309 replies not knowing what you were doing here on TS forum.
Nice work.I hope the forum appreciates you. I'm just a old country boy. I post what's on my mind at the time I read a reply like yours. Some times my replies go over good. Some times they don't. I try to except the out come and hope I make a difference on the forum
Thank you for your reply!

Last edited:
I'm just a old country boy. I post what's on my mind at the time I read a reply like yours. Some times my reply goes over good. Some times it doesn't. I try to except the out come and hope I make a difference on the forum
I'm sure that's no different than the rest of us on this or any other forum.

I've had a few years to work on my post count. As for the likes, I'm thinking the dislike count would be much higher. lol

;)Nice, I don't think the dislikes would have been higher.
I'll see you on the turn around. That's truckers CB talk. Catch you on the flip flop. See you on the turn around. Have a safe trip.
It's been a long time sense I have used those LOL Thanks for your replies on my thread.
Good night!
holdum 323

Last edited:
Hi. I was hoping this thread could be used for positive things. If it's going to cause problems, then maybe it should be locked or the title changed. I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread like this, but if it's going to cause trouble, lets get rid of this thread.
Thank you!

Capture26.JPG Hi. This seems strange to this old Okie country boy. I have 241 posts, but only 23 likes and only 46 points. Not complaining, just wondering why no one here likes me. I'll be good now. I'm hoping the staff takes this as I intended,and nothing serious.
Just wondering gets me in trouble sometimes.;)
Good night!(y)

View attachment 83642 Hi. This seems strange to this old Okie country boy. I have 241 posts, but only 23 likes and only 46 points. Not complaining, just wondering why no one here likes me. !
Posting on TS is not like Facebook, trolling for likes - - most are Q&A to help others with system issues and once in a while someone will appreciate the assistance and say so with a comment/or click on a like, but the satisfaction comes (for me at least) is pulling someone out of a hole or the woods into a clear spot of sunshine.

Back