Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk problem - Windows Vista

Hi

I have just moved house and my computer has been in storage for 6 months. I've just set up the PC and when I've come to turn the computer on it says "Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter". I have a Packard Bell computer with Windows Vista Home Premium installed but wasn't given a System Disk as this was pre-installed onto the computer. I suppose if I could log into the computer I would be able to run some kind of system restore but I can't get past the "Disk Boot Failure" screen.

I've made a recovery CD from the internet but when I've put this in the CD drive and even selected the BIOS setup to go to the CD drive first it doesn't boot the recovery disk.

When I click on F8 when booting it doesn't give me the option of booting from Safe Mode it just shows a list of bootable drives.

Help!!

Two things:

1. Check your cable to your harddrive and from your harddrive to your motherboard and make sure it is securely attached.

2. If that isn't the problem then go into your BIOS and place your CD/DVD drive as First Bootable and see if you can now run that disk you made.

Back