Display Driver Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

Earlier today I updated my display driver on my other computer (I'm running a Radeon HD 2600 XT - 512mb) from ATI's website. Unfortunately as it was installing I had to leave for class, and when I returned I found my computer at a blank black screen. Since I was getting no response from it, I had to hard shut down using the power button, and since then it has been running extremely slow, and refuses to open many programs.

Any suggestions? Is there any correlation between the new display driver and the poor performance? All help is greatly appreciated.

The unwritten rule of drivers is: If it ain't broke don't fix it and yes there certainly can be a correlation.

Try reverting back to an older driver by doing the following:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card that has worked before but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install video card drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back