Display problems

Bebo Morgan

hello ever since I got my new video card its been working fine and everything but now there is a weird problem that happens during gaming I dont know if that problem has aname so im gonna try my best to explain exactly what happens

IM in the game without alt tabbing or doing anything but basically playing the game The screen turns black for 2 seconds and then comes back normally and it does the exact same thing 4-5 times one after another till it settles then starts doing the same thing again after like 3-4 hours I have tested it on several games (3D) and the same happens I need some assistance please

so im guessing it's some generic 300W piece of junk then.
you're gonna need to upgrade to a higher wattage Power supply. I"d suggest the Antec VP-450, which is like $50 at newegg.com

Good guess I thought the same when I read that it was made in china :)

Got a question tho if I get that powersupply would it affect my mobo in anyway?

and by that I mean will it damage it?

need an answer plox because I have been told that if I do that it would damage my motherboard

Do you know why it might damage your motherboard?
I believe it would work just fine. If anything an old, generic powersupply could hurt components. It probably doesn't supply the cleanest power and is probably more prone to fail which can damage more than just your Mobo. I'm not trying to be all doom and gloom but people often go cheap on their power supply because they think they all do the same thing or they just look at wattages.

Anyway, I would be safe and replace the power supply :D

God ur so hot

anyway on subject my mobo is also fairly old (Gigabyte G41 S2P) or something like that are u sure the new power supply wouldnt damage my mobo?

Another question plox I wanna know if even the card I have works well with my motherboard which is as I listed before GIgabyte G41? because I have also had people tell me that its not and I should have had got a Geforce card better (I dont wanna know if its better or not I just wanna know it works well with gigabyte?)

It should work just fine as well. Some people prefer the Nvidia cards. Both will work well though.

Don't worry about computer parts being made in china. most are made in Taiwan, China, or Bangkok, I haven't heard of any that are made elsewhere. and yes, you should get a new power supply. The one I recommended to you (antev VP-450) is something like $50, and performs admirably. there's one running in my brother's rig now which I installed a few months ago and there's been no complaints.

Back