Display tab doesn't appear, infected PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronos

Yesterday, my deesktop was infected following up with my computer.
It is very similiar to this thread:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic20613.html

The only problem is when i go to Display i dont have Desktop Tab.
I used Kaspersky and Registry Mechanic, and they took out ALOTE of viruses......but.....the dam background is still there:
Virus.jpg

(notice Kaspersky at the bottom right corner:p)

Here are my logs:
View attachment 35430

View attachment 35431

Please help me out guys.
This thing is highly annoying:(

Well there are two things you can do from what i see.

1. You can go into the C:\Windows\system32 and look for the two files "adware.virtumonde" and "PrivacyRemover.M64" If you find any of these two files in the system32 folder (be sure to turn on "show hidden files and folders") simply try to delete them manually and then again from the recycle bin. restart your computer and see if anything changed and check the system32 folder again to see if they came back.

2. You can try as many antivirus software's as you please and maybe some will work but the only way to COMPLETEY and UNQESTIONABLY delete everything malicious from the computer is to format the drive and reinstall windows. So you will need to backup everything you NEED to a CD or USB drive and proceed to wipe. (try not to save system files if you can because the "virus" could be in more than one place.)

oh crap.....i was REALLY scared of that answer.....i got so many stuff on here that i wanna keep.

I'll wait to see if anybody else got some suggestion....if not.....then i'll have to do it, =(

Click Start>Run

Type: regedit

Navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

If there is a DWoRD Value such "NoDispScrSavPage" with a data value of 1 this will disable the screen saver tab. Change the value to 0 or delete it to
see the tab again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back