Warning you are in danger spyware wallpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartender802

"Warning you are in danger" wallpaper this is spyware and the link at the bottom of the page does work, Had tried running spybot , ad-aware, spy sweeper and Microsofts Anti-spyware program. So far none of these programs have picked this up. Any ideas on how to remove this off of my PC

Attachments

• Spyware.JPG
    Spyware.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 142
What you have is a website desktop

Although spyware CAN modify your desktop, this is NOT spyware, so no anti-spyware software can remove it. In fact, I have a website desktop set up for one of my accounts.

To simply remove it, go to Control Panel>Display>Desktop>Customize Desktop and select the "Web" tab. Uncheck any websites under "Web Pages"

Bartender802 said:
"Warning you are in danger" wallpaper this is spyware and the link at the bottom of the page does work, Had tried running spybot , ad-aware, spy sweeper and Microsofts Anti-spyware program. So far none of these programs have picked this up. Any ideas on how to remove this off of my PC
Isnt that cute :haha:

thank you!!!

what an easy answer! ive tried so much stuff to get rid of this. all mine had was a blank white background for months. now i can enjoy my desktop. i regstered as a member just so i could thank you, may sound pathetic but i was even thinkin of reformatin!!
cheers!!!!!!!!! :blush:

hello

Kevin16 said:

Although spyware CAN modify your desktop, this is NOT spyware, so no anti-spyware software can remove it. In fact, I have a website desktop set up for one of my accounts.

To simply remove it, go to Control Panel>Display>Desktop>Customize Desktop and select the "Web" tab. Uncheck any websites under "Web Pages"

hey thanks for the note to take taht **** out i finally can watch my desktop without that red thing and finally see my britney spears wallpaper u rock and thanxs so much

excellent !! thanks so much for freeing my desktop.
My anti-virus files were corrupt. I disconnected from the web. While I was at work my son reconnected without protection running. UUUGGGHH! Several free spyware programs would not remove the horrid spyaxe highjacking. Xoftspy finally cured everything but the desktop. thanks again.

Dude You Are So Awsome I Had That Screen For Years And I Looked On The Web And Found This Site Read And Bam Fixed My Problem So Now Im A Member Of This Sit Cool

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

DATBOYB said:
Dude You Are So Awsome I Had That Screen For Years And I Looked On The Web And Found This Site Read And Bam Fixed My Problem So Now Im A Member Of This Sit Cool

I`m glad you`ve got your dekstop back. However, I`d like to check that your system is free from viruses/spyware etc.

Go and read this thread HERE.

Then, open a new thread in this forum and post your HJT log as a .txt attachment.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Daner: Spyware

sergiol said:
hey thanks for the note to take taht **** out i finally can watch my desktop without that red thing and finally see my britney spears wallpaper u rock and thanxs so much

Hello, for Windowns 2000, resolve this threat by visiting settings>web> untick the "..... Active X" box, then the desktop returns to normal and the irritation levels wash away....

Danger: Spyware

timnz said:
Hello, for Windowns 2000, resolve this threat by visiting settings>web> untick the "..... Active X" box, then the desktop returns to normal and the irritation levels wash away....

sorry, I meant visiting settings>desktop>web>

Kevin16 said:

Thank you so much...it worked, now finally got rid of that goofy thing.....

Interesting day here! There are three threads about the spyware wallpaper and another three about the Task Manager being disabled!

Got to wonder who' running what security programs, if they're kept updated and if scans are done!

Help me pleaseee

I have the same problem, but when i go to Display i dont have Desktop Tab...
I downloaded BitDefender TS 2008 it removed 20 infected files but Desktop Wallpaper is still Blue with that stupid message and my computer shutdowns in 1 minut...
Help me please i am so pissed!

Please follow my instructions right above your post - then start your own thread by following the last link and selecting new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back