Do all computers come with a restore CD?

Hi, I'm having trouble with my computer and I want to restore it to the way it was when I bought it. I've tried everything and my last hope is probably by restoring it by inserting a disc which came with the computer. I've read up on a few sites and it's seems as though all computers come with this disc, is this true? If anyone has any ideas on how to restore a computer without a disc I would appreciate that too

If your pc is a standard shopbought computer, and you are using the Windows system as it was form new, i.e. you haven't changed the HDD or formatted it, then there is most likely a restore partition on the C drive.
That is the system as it was on day one. You can 'restore' your pc to that state by using a Function key after boot. It varies between pc's and you should have the information in the manual if you have it, or on the net.
But you might lose any work you have done so be sure to copy off the pc, anything you value first.

Almost no computers come with them anymore, but they will often include a restore partition, and perhaps a way to make your own restore disks. If they give you a restore partition and your hard drive dies it doesn't do you any good.

I imagine if you boot off the cd/dvd it will guide you through the restore process.

Back