Do you ever get burnt out from IT and Tech?

TheDevopsGuy

Hi all,

Title sums this thread up.

Lately been working long hours at work for past couple of months and when I return to home I'm back browsing tech, studying ccna and playing games. I kinda feel like some stuff for example " playing games" has become forced instead of actually enjoying it. Also I kinda dont enjoy home labing as much as its literally all the same technology I use at work..

Am I just burnt out? How do you deal with this if you've ever been there? Do I just need a new hobby or maybe cut down some time off my time on all these gadgets..

10-12hr days will do that!! It creates mental stress which is far more debilitating than physical work. I use to 'vegatate' in front of the TV and still be a zombie when I went to bed.

1. try to limit the number of hours of Tech activities
  2. get some physical activities into your off hours; hiking, yard work, tennis
  3. in the colder climates, you'll need indoor hobbies

best wishes

One can get burned out at any occupation. It's worse, I think, if your hobbies are related to your occupation. IMO, it's better if at least some of your other diversions are unrelated to your occupation. So, yes, it might be better if you developed another interest or hobby that's unrelated to tech.

Do you ever get burnt out from IT and Tech?

All the time :joy:

But taking a little time off each day to exercise is the best thing you can do. That and family and time with friends. Just don't spend your "off" time on a screen. Gaming and online communities are cool, but when you're in tech, it's just more time sitting in front of a screen and that is no good.

Back