Do you have a favorite computer game song?

Benny26

Do you have a favorite song that was used in a video game ?

I'm not talking about songs from guitar hero or games like that really ( although i did like Black magic woman by Santana in GH3. I'm talkin about the kinda song that really brings a game down to a close at the end nicely or a song that beefs you up in a battle ( i do mean theme tunes as well ) or a song that maybe makes you feel a bit emotional after 35 hours of toil.

My personal favorite is The best is yet to come by Rika Muranaka from the original Metal gear solid ending.

My favorite is probably The Shaping of the World by Jason Hayes (World of Warcraft). In fact, just about every song he has composed is epic. There's also a couple really great ones by Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy) like Ronfaure and the Airship theme. The Shadowlord theme (Called Awakening) was extremely epic as well - never get tired of that Rank 5 battle.

So many good songs, it's really hard to pick a solid fav. All the tracks on ESIV: Oblivion were really good too. I'd let the game sit overnight and put me to sleep they were that comforting.

Agnus Dei which is the choral version of Adagio for Strings. I'm not into classical music but it was very effectively used in Homeworld. The game was released back in 1999 so probably a lot of gamers don't know it.

Most of the songs in the Final Fantasy Series - I'll have to think for a few days if I have to pick one out specifically.

Most of the songs in the Final Fantasy Series - I'll have to think for a few days if I have to pick one out specifically.

Eyes on me at the end of final fantasy VIII wasn't too bad ( with the " Squall and Rinoa thing " )

I would have to agree with the final fantasy music being the best. As a game series I would say they have one of the larger fan bases in the musical section. Plus, who doesn't like some real nice piano/orchistra?

Probably old Nintendo games songs, they give me a nostalgic feeling. Mario bros etc.

The zelda music from super Nintendo in the open world is pretty inspirational.

Rock and roll racing for super nintendo has a pretty nice set of songs.

K-on!
on osu...it happens to be popular.
And Touhou of course...
Yes, i'll say it again, halo music was pretty classy.

Yes! Yes I do!!

Are you ready? Take a listen to this...
Dynamix - Soundtrack Playlist (Youtube

You are listening to the soundtrack for a game called Dynamix. Not many people know about this game, and its amazing that they don't, because this music, the in-game music in particular blows my mind away.

Its one of those tunes that you can crank up without fear of your eardrums rupturing XD

Man! That music while you're playing is incredible!! ..and over 12 minutes long too. Especially considering I can't last over 4mins playing. Hahaha.

Anyway, I hope I've made a few people's days by sharing this link with you all.

Yes! Yes I do!!

Are you ready? Take a listen to this...
Dynamix - Soundtrack Playlist (Youtube

You are listening to the soundtrack for a game called Dynamix. Not many people know about this game, and its amazing that they don't, because this music, the in-game music in particular blows my mind away.

Its one of those tunes that you can crank up without fear of your eardrums rupturing XD

Man! That music while you're playing is incredible!! ..and over 12 minutes long too. Especially considering I can't last over 4mins playing. Hahaha.

Anyway, I hope I've made a few people's days by sharing this link with you all.

That's something else for 1988! back when computer sound hardware meant computer music was something that had a distinctly synthesized sound and not just playback of digitized non computer composed music.

I remember buying Wipeout for PS1, the Chemical Brothers tunes in that were great for the racing style gameplay.

Great to meet another Wipeout fan. My favourite games in the series are the Playstation Wipeout and Wipeout 2097. Wipeout 64 was really good too, but there were annoying bugs and the music could have done with a bit more love, as good as it was considering the N64 had no CD drive.

Yeah, the music from Dynamix is something really special. I'm currently trying to find out who was responsible for writing the in-game music, so I can interview them. So far, I have found out that some members of Maniacs of Noise do live events. I would love to attend on of these.

Cheers for the reply matey, and don't be afraid to crank up that volume when listening. Its incredible how the tune holds together at high volume.

Best Regards
Nick

Great to meet another Wipeout fan. My favourite games in the series are the Playstation Wipeout and Wipeout 2097. Wipeout 64 was really good too, but there were annoying bugs and the music could have done with a bit more love, as good as it was considering the N64 had no CD drive.

WipeoutHD on PS3 wasn't bad but just didn't capture the feel of the original. Guess it was the time and place (being a student when multiplayer gaming was pretty much multiple people sat round one console :p ).

WipeoutHD on PS3 wasn't bad but just didn't capture the feel of the original. Guess it was the time and place.

I have yet to play that one..

The latest Wipeout I played was Wipeout Pure for the PSP, and that was alright. It was very much like Wip3out on the PS1, but with extra courses. I thought Wip3out was alright, but I preferred the art direction and music of Wipeout 2097, and so I kept playing that. There was also Wipeout Fusion on the PS2, but the controls were very stiff compared to the previous games, I wasn't keen on the new weapons, and I wasn't keen how you had to unlock so much of the game, especially as I found it so difficult to complete the challenges.

I must get round to checking out Wipeout HD eventually. I wish Psygnosis would consult me when making a new Wipeout game though, haha.

I seem to remember Wipeout Fusion being one of the very first PS2 games to be released?...Boy that was some time ago.

I have a soft spot for some of the early tracks from stuff like the Sega Genesis....Like Streets of Rage 2 and some others.

I remember Wipeout, I used to play those Wipeout games on my old Play Station 2 system. To bad I sold that old unit several years back, would have loved to play some more Wipeout!

The following link contains my most favorite song from the Wipeout series!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXLzsvvUNeo&feature=related

I can remember trying to pilot that hover ship down the track listening to this and it really got me pumped.

Wipeout......................I miss you! :(

Back