Documents Menu and CSNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdfasdfasdf

Hi, I use Windows 2000 SP4. My problem is that whenever I click on my songs, videos, or documents, it never gets added to the Documents menu as a recently used item. It would be useful if it gets added, so I would not have to open up my Windows Explorer all the time and scroll through files to get to a certain file. This started to happen after I used my CCleaner to clean things up. I have already used TweakUI, and it did not work out well for me. My documents and files still do not get added to the Documents menu. The only things that get added to the Documents menu are files from when I download on the Internet.

My other problem is the CSNW that always appear in the Control Panel. I have already tried a method, where I would go to Network and Dial-up Connections to uninstall some things; unfortunately, it didn't work out because CSNW would still show up as an icon in the Control Panel.

If you have any solutions to the problems above, THANK YOU!!:eek:

Recent Folder

Recent folder found in:

2000/Xp: %userprofile%\Recent
Vista: %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent
Or a very easy way:- Start->Run-> shell:recent
In Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs

-----------------
How To Enable or Disable the My Recent Documents List In Start Menu On Windows
http://www.troublefixers.com/how-to...cent-documents-list-in-start-menu-on-windows/

-----------------

Change max amount of recent files shown:

Open your registry and find the key below.
Create a new DWORD value called "MaxRecentDocs" and set it to equal the number of documents to display in the recent documents list, the default is 15.
Restart Windows for the change to take effect.
Registry Settings
User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Explorer]
System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Explorer]
Value Name: MaxRecentDocs
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: Number of Documents (32-bit)

-----------------

Fix recent in Vista:
http://www.vistax64.com/vista-file-management/73839-recent-items-not-updating-3.html

-----------------

Possible other solution
Delete the Recent folder and restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back