Does anyone here game on a 30" 2560x1600 monitor

dustin_ds3000

I'm looking to upgrade from my 24" 1920x1200. I tried to play games on my 55" TV and it just didn't feel right. I play mostly FPS like BF4

Hey I game at 2560x1600 and love it ;)

I first bought a 30” Dell (2560x1600) monitor about 6 years ago now for work (testing high-end GPUs). Having seen how good it was I bought another for my own personal computer and then not long after a third so I could do twice as much testing at the same time.

6 years later they are still bloody expensive brand new though you can pick up the older models for about the same price as a new 27”. Even second hand I would rather buy a 30” over a brand new lower resolution monitor.

A few friends of mine were sceptical as to whether the extra resolution and few inches were worth the massive price premium. That said after gaming on mine and seeing how amazing they look first hand that was enough for them to pull the trigger.

If you spend a bit of time on the computer they are well worth it, even if you don’t game. In fact the resolution for general usage is a huge plus as you can have two full size windows side by side. Anyway if you are seriously thinking about upgrading I suggest you do, you won’t regret it ;)

I game on a 100Hz+ 27in 2560x1440 Qnix QX2710. The extra pixels and the higher framerates are excellent for FPS gaming, and for the price you can't get much better. A quick google will show up lots of useful threads if you're interested.

I wouldn't get a 30in 2560x1600 monitor just for gaming, they are very expensive and more aimed towards graphics/design professionals rather than gamers. Things you're paying a premium for such as a wide gamut won't be useful and indeed might be detrimental as a gaming and general use monitor.

I'm looking at the Dell U3014. Money is not really a problem other than the wife might be a little bit mad but I can talk her into it lol. I might also need to upgrade my video card soon if I do get the U3014.

I have Dell U3011, it's great. General desktop use is amazing, and I can now function with just a single monitor rather than having two. For gaming, 30 inches is amazing for the immersion - lots of peripheral vision.

But, for cheaper and more gaming-orientated monitor, the above Qnix etc suggestion may be better. Just keep in mind the aspect ratio is different.

I'm looking at the Dell U3014. Money is not really a problem other than the wife might be a little bit mad but I can talk her into it lol. I might also need to upgrade my video card soon if I do get the U3014.

Very nice choice, I now use a 3014 for my main work screen and love it, the image quality is exceptional. I have used the cheaper Korean versions that slh28 mentioned but side by side image quality with the Dell screens shows their weakness. Still not bad value for money but if money is not a problem for you get the Dell for sure.

I got my new Dell U3014. everything is great besides a spot of dead pixels right in the middle of the screen the size of a pin head I count maybe 8 or so dead pixels. if it doesn't fix it self I will contact Dell about this to get a replacementdwqf.jpg Dell U3014 next to Dell U2410

Back