Dragon Naturally Speaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErinLee

I am having issues downloading Dragon Naturally Speaking. It always pops up and says that it is not a valid windows installer. I have gotten other disks and it says the same thing. I have Windows XP Media Center and did not know if there was something I could do to get this downloaded on my computer.

Thanks

Run your Windows Updates by opening your Internet and going to Tools, Windows Updates. You can see your Update status by going to Control Panel, System. It will show XP Media Center Service Pack 1, 2 or 3. You might need many Microsoft Updates applied before you can do anything else

Can you run Windows Update and use the "custom" option to see if there are any Optional updates available for your system? If so, download and install all of them specially the .Net Framework stuff. These may be needed before Dragon Naturally Speaking will install properly

For 10.1, you need Windows Installer 3.1 on Media Center computers I use. Perhaps you should allow Windows Update to automatically install everything it wishes... and Windows Installer 3.1 will be the first software it chooses... which will be a separate install.

Yes Raybay,
Windows installer 3.1 should have been included in the first automatic updates installed. That's why I didn't mention it... Especially with Service Pack 3 installed, but it could be missing

I downloaded the updates and restarted the computer. I attempted to run the Dragon Software to Download to computer and it still says that it is not a valid windows installer.

Is there a way to make the disk compatible with Service Pack 3. My computer is Service Pack 3 is there a way to change that?

Did you have any other computer issues with installing any other programs? I am sure Service Pack 3 has nothing to do with this at all... Once more, are you using a licensed retail CD or are they CD copies of the Dragon Naturally Speaking program?

they are copies from my company that are Licensed to use them. I have tried 2 different copies and they both do the same thing.

We have a number of clients who use Dragon Naturally Speaking. I suspect all were installed before Service Pack 3, but certainly had Service Pack 2... Never have had any problems if their audio system was ok... So I suspect yours is an isolated problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back