Dream build won't boot. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first post and I need some help.

I've spent a month and 1.3K building this thing all to see a black screen when I boot it up.

I'll cut right to it.. The following are the specs.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA69G-S3H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
PROCESSOR: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ 2.8GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor
PSU:APEVIA ATX-AS520W-BK ATX 520W Power Supply
Graphics Card: MSI NX8800GT 512M OC GeForce 8800GT
RAM: GSkill 2 X 1GB sticks
Monitor: Hanns·G HW-223DPB Black 22"

This might be my problem here, and I probably did F up real bad buuuttt.... I got the case, MOBO, and PSU at the same time and waited on everything else. I did hook the PSU up to the vacant MOBO and turn it on. (I was vain and wanted to see the pretty lights. lol ) And pretty they were.... until the fact that now I get no signal to my monitor. :blackeye:

This is my first AMD build, but not the first computer I've put together, and all my knowledge says that it should work unless something is fried. I've tried the onboard video as well as my 8800GT, but no dice.

I don't want to RMA anything and I'm fixing to run through the paces of troubleshooting it. Clear CMOS, Reset cards, etc.

If anyone can shed any light on my problem it would immensely helpful. :)

::EDIT:: This might be helpful... It was the first time I had to buy a seperate heatsink ((Thermaltake CL-P0257 Blue orb II)) and the thermal paste went on a little thick. ( First time doing it ) I just remember reading somewhere that too much thermal paste can mess things up. Let's hope nothing is.. =D

Yes, too much thermal compound is counter productive and actually decreases heat dissipation.

Take your 8800GT out of the loop, attach your monitor to the integrated video card and clear the CMOS. See if you get a display signal then.

You're 100% sure your monitor works right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back