Driver for Matshita Uj 850s

I recently had to reinstall windows vista basic via system recovery. When I reloaded it my DVDRAM drive was missing. I look in System Devices and My Dvd/Rom drive is not there. I can put a dvd (even the restore disk) in my drive and i hear it spinning but the rom doesn't read it.

I tried deleting the Upper and Lower filters and that did not work. I can not find a drive anywhere on the net for this drive. Any ideas or suggestions? I need to get this fixed. I've completed virus scans and even tried Microsoft Fix It. Please Help.

Missing DVD icon or noread DVD ?

Hi, I know of a program that is not so well-known, and it does have an option to fix a non working CD/DVD drive. It's made by IOBIT so it's professional quality.
To get it, google 'IOBIT TOOLBOX' download it, and install as usual.
Launch the program, click on the 'repair' tab, then 'winfix' tab.
A small white box will appear, click 'run'
Maximize the screen. Click on 'Advanced Fix'. Click on 'System Tab'. then 9 items down the screen you will see 'CD/DVD drive is missing......' then on far right of screen click on 'FIX'. That should do it, as long as the drivers are on your PC. Have a look in 'Control Panel' , 'Devices', see if there is a Yellow triangle next to 'Drives'. Good luck.

Back